The Customer Relations Supervisor is responsible for the daily supervision of 15-20 Site Managed Services personnel, enabling the team to deliver consistently excellent service to our customers. The Customer Relations Supervisor is responsible for meeting the goals and objectives of the customer location, as determined by customer requirements. This position will be responsible for our enterprise services team focusing on delivering excellent customer service within a laboratory setting through customer relationship management, exceedance of key performance indicators, and employee development.
- Leads a team of on-site staff. Participates in the candidate selection process, trains, and evaluates staff’s performance. Supervises staff in a manner that is consistent with our organizational culture, which is based on four values: Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement and on open communication. Actively seeks development opportunities for team members and self. Promotes a friendly environment, good morale and cooperation.
- Builds customer relationships through proactive problem solving, engagement, and exceeding team performance metrics.
- Ensures customer needs are met and high quality service is delivered through a variety of means, including performance, attendance records, and measuring and reporting on performance metrics. Assists in determining the resolution of all customer situations. Reinforces a customer focused orientation.
- Interacts with management, sales and the customers on matters concerning functional areas within the department, regularly
- Sets up and presents at customer business review meetings; delivers Managed Services capabilities presentations. Actively seeks expansion of services within assigned areas.
- Supports Practical Process Improvement and focuses on improving processes with the goal of providing stellar customer service. Leads improvement teams and mentors site personnel to lead team improvement efforts.
- Evaluates employees’ training needs, identifies possible solutions and arranges for needed training and development. Ensures that employees are cross trained and develops employees to create a career path and succession plan.
- Writes and administers standard operating procedures to support the goals and objectives of the department and the customer. Develops KPI’s, tracks trends, and implements best practices.
- Conducts site audits, annual physical inventory.
- Prepares and reviews various operational reports and individual associate performance reports.
- Attends training classes and regional meetings as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Business Administration, or in a related field, or equivalent combination of two year degree and experience.
- Significant experience in customer facing roles required.
- At least three to five years of experience in a supervisory role required.
- Experience in Regulated Industry preferred.
- Experience in Managed Services preferred.
- Must possess the leadership and supervisory skills be able to lead, coach and motivate a large group of employees along with excellent interpersonal skills to relate well to employees, various levels of the customer business and peers. Must have a customer orientation to develop customer relationships.
- Must possess written and communication skills to clearly express his or her ideas, share technical information, communicate well with customers and all levels of the organization, write procedures and develop plans. Must be able to handle conflict well and give positive and constructive feedback along with managing performance issues.
- Must possess analytical and critical thinking ability to be able to evaluate, interpret information and procedures, to make timely decisions while functioning in a fast-paced, changing work environment.
- Must possess organizational skills to meet deadlines and assist staff in multi-tasking.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment and decision-making skills in dealing with a variety of routine and non-routine issues.
- Must be self-motivated, stress and pressure resistant, as well as a quick learner.
- Must be computer literate and possess intermediate skills in Microsoft Suite, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Must be able to learn and perform well, utilizing customer and internal systems.
- Must be able to work hours required to get the job done.
- Works primarily at customer sites, in office and laboratory environments
- May be required to work independently at customer location.
- Extensive walking may be required.
- May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc)
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment
- May be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.