Job Description Summary
The Financial Analyst III has financial reporting responsibility for the Global IT Finance Organization. The Global IT Finance group supports all Thermo Fisher Scientific and, as a result, this position interacts with all Business Units within the Corporation.
Job Description Responsibilities include:
- Providing financial planning and analysis support to the Global IT Shared Service organization during Annual Plan and forecast periods.
- Coordination, completion and review of month end close process and post close reporting cycles.
- Reviewing monthly IT spending, and identify the contributing factors driving variances to AOP and Forecast.
- Reviewing IT Project/Capital spend to ensure that Appropriation Request accurately reflect the true costs and benefits of the projects.
- Review invoices and manage vendor relationships to ensure all costs are recorded accurately.
- Partner closely with the Global IT Finance Management as well as the entire Global IT. Management and Operations team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Proficiency in the following areas: financial analysis and reporting, forecasting, internal control and technical accounting knowledge.
- Strong business acumen as well as the ability to make logical assumptions, identify trends, incorporate external and internal information, and effectively benchmark results against appropriate baselines.
- Strong written communication skills, along with clear and concise verbal skills, are required. The ideal candidate will have the ability to obtain operational buy-in with easy to understand analysis and presentations with the ability to engage in communication at the executive level.
- Ability to build organizational relationships with customers, peers and operating partners.
- It is required that the candidate has the ability to manage multiple assignments, has good judgement, and prioritizes projects and time effectively.
- The ideal candidate will have a commitment to continuous learning, show career progression and development, and seek opportunities to stretch capabilities.
- Excellent skills with MS Excel and MS PowerPoint are required; skills with Oracle, HFM, COGNOS are preferred.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with individuals and teams from different areas, drive accountability and continuous process improvement in daily activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Finance or Accounting role.