When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
Supervise and train filling personnel on daily activities. Perform filling and packaging procedures as needed and assume full responsibility during Manager's absence.
What will you do?
- Supervise personnel
- Ensure the safety of employees by maintaining knowledge of industrial safety issues and complying with all applicable safety, regulatory, and hygiene standards
- Train personnel to perform tasks
- Able to set up and operate most machinery within the Filling Department
- Complete all paperwork related to jobs. This includes paperwork related to GMP and ISO guidelines
- Manage eTime
- Work closely with other functional areas and work centers, including Packaging, Production Planning and Formulations, OS, BioChem, to coordinate an efficient production workflow
- Schedule and assign personnel to perform tasks
- Knowledgeable of waste disposal procedures
- Know how to handle hazardous chemicals in a safe manner
- Complete performance reviews for filling and automation technicians
- Develop employees by providing effective training and documentation of that training
- Work to enhance overall effectiveness and productivity through the application of Lean Enterprise principles and tools including Practical Process Improvement (PPI), standard work, visual management, and daily accountability
- Work with new product commercialization teams to successfully introduce new products
- Formulate products occasionally following written procedures
- Perform calibrations and preventative maintenance of packaging equipment
- Update and maintain departmental metrics
- Apply 5S principles, and perform audits
How will you get here?
- High school diploma or GED required
- Two years supervisory experience desired with packaging environment, preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Sufficient mechanical aptitude to set-up, operate, and trouble shoot all standard filling/packaging equipment and tools
- Have basic skills using laboratory equipment and the metric system
- Be able to use equipment for handling hazardous chemicals such as respirators, fire extinguishers, etc.
- Excellent communication ability (written and verbal)
- Ability to make decisions, based on available information, to effectively solve problems
- Possess supervisory skills
- Schedule and assign personnel to perform tasks and projects
- Must be detail-oriented and have good organizational skills
- Must have experience with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Excel
- Experience working with hazardous chemicals in a safe manner with the proper disposal methods
- Experience using laboratory measuring equipment and the metric system
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com