When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
As the world leader in serving science, we empower our people to advance innovative technologies, develop meaningful solutions, and build rewarding careers. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our 55,000 extraordinary minds the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Applications Scientist in the Life Science applications team is responsible for providing technical expertise in the support of Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Americas sales efforts both in the NanoPort and at specific customer sites.
- Perform high quality SEM/SDB product demonstrations, including the development of new techniques and applications for Thermo Fisher Scientific partners and customers, particularly those in the Life Science marketplace.
- Conduct customer training and translate customer needs into workable solutions
- Technical product expert assisting with all phases of the sales cycle.
- Cultivating positive customer relationships and acting as a high level customer interface for specific instrument/applications issues, explaining complex technology details, giving in depth technical presentations, and assisting in applications development.
- Customer support and applications training post sales cycle and after instrument has been installed.
- Provide continuous feedback to the product groups on system performance, features, and potential problems while collaborating with marketing/development groups on future product developments.
This customer focused position is ideal for an experienced technologist wanting to be involved with a dynamic team and exposed to a constant variety of customer application areas. The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Typically requires a University degree in Life Science, Chemistry and or Physics, an advanced degree is preferred.
- Knowledge and recent hands-on experience with SEM is required.
- 3 or more years of experience in a relevant position within the research environment with recent experience utilizing SEM technology.
- Knowledge of advanced technology diagnostics as well as troubleshooting techniques, operational optimization, and experience of analytical equipment; specifically electron/ion microscopes,.
- Knowledge of correlative light and electron microscopy techniques is a plus.Excellent, enthusiastic, clear communication skills, both written and verbal, with a diverse audience are critical to the success of this position.
- Excellent customer interfacing skills a must
- Proven ability to interact with cross - functional and cross - cultural teams
- Ability to travel both domestically internationally (up to 50%), possession of a valid passport.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.