EHS Program Lead
Job ID :
US - California - Thousand Oaks
- Strategically plan, implement and coordinate risk programs to reduce or eliminate occupational illness and injuries, specific to the Amgen account and sites where ULS maintains a presence.
- Provide Program administration for ULS Safety Incident reporting, including necessary investigations, root cause analysis (RCA), and Corrective Action/Preventive Action (CAPA) compliance and closure. Review and enhance the current Safety Incident reporting tool as appropriate. Serve as the ULS POC for the Amgen safety program (INCA). Contact for the Amgen SEE Card program.
- Serve as the primary ULS representative for all responsibilities involving the ULS/Amgen Business Continuity Plan, including Plan development and execution for all sites. Responsibilities include participation in Amgen mock exercises, create ULS Damage Assessment Teams (DATs) at each location, assign role-specific training as required, and conduct annual ULS-only dry run exercises. In summary, partner with Amgen to perform ULS emergency action planning, training and implementation at all Amgen/ULS sites.
- Coordinate, in partnership with Corporate ULS, to identify, assign, and monitor compliance of employee safety training requirements, including hazard communication.
- Develop Job Hazard Assessments (JHAs) for all ULS-provided services at the Amgen sites. Identify training and PPE requirements emanating from said assessments.
- Develop, implement and monitor weekly/monthly workspace safety inspection logs, to be administered by the local services supervision. Partner with local supervision to address inspection observations.
- Obtain Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) training and certification, and serve as the ULS back-up RSO on the ULS Corporate license with the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
- Execute the ULS Corporate Safety Shoe and Safety Eyeglass programs. Serve as database administrator for the Safety Shoe Program (via Grainger).
- Manage all aspects of the ULS Workers Compensation (WC) program at Amgen, including maintaining accurate occupational and non-occupational treatment records, notifying 3rd Party Administrator of an incident, working with the Insurance Adjuster in investigating WC claims, conducting medical case management for WC claims, facilitating alternate duty/light duty /transitional work program administration and a timely return to work by working closely with the treating physician.
- Coordinate with Travelers Insurance (or other ThermoFisher-designated insurance carrier) to conduct remote ergonomic workplace evaluations/assessments, including resultant implementations as appropriate.
- Conduct/coordinate site safety audits and safety walk-arounds in the field as appropriate.
- Participate in regulatory inspections as required to represent Unity Lab Services in matters involving OSHA, EPA, or other relevant safety and environmental regulatory agencies to ensure ULS compliance with applicable local, federal and state regulations.
- Manage compliance with EHS record-keeping requirements, including OSHA 300 Logs.
- Identify hazardous workplace conditions for ULS services currently being performed at Amgen, and establish guidelines for compliance, risk and injury reduction.
- Provide EHS summary statistics / metrics in compliance with Amgen/ULS contractual obligations. Review EHS performance trends and adjust programs appropriately.
- Partner with clients (internal and external) to identify and assign the necessary training to ULS team members, to allow them to safely perform their job responsibilities.
- Provide periodic review and updates to applicable ULS operating documents such as SOPs, Emergency Action Plan, and Injury & Illness Prevention Plan.
- Enhance/grow the current Safety Culture: Advocate ULS participation on various Customer Advanced Safety Response teams; Develop program to incentivize ULS safety improvement opportunities/practices for evaluation; Create and administer a Safety Committee; Serve as safety rep on Amgen Safety Council; Participate in Amgen FE Quarterly All-Hands Safety presentations; Continue to develop and implement new EHS safety programs, policies, procedures and training as appropriate.
- Interpret and communicate to Unity Lab Services Leadership, various regulations and procedures will impact ULS employees.
- Ensure Hazard Identification and Risk Assessments are performed for appropriate work task, and track recommendations until all are completed.
- Coordinate Industrial Hygiene Monitoring and Ergonomic Assessments for ULS.
- Ensure that ULS is following hazardous waste disposal and cleanup programs and are using corporate approved vendors.
- Liaise with Amgen EHS to identify and disseminate Amgen Safety Alerts as appropriate.
- Direct implementation of strategies to effectively resolve Health and Safety issues within ULS.
- Participate in professional educational programs to maintain skill levels and certifications.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join