When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
1. Responsibilities and Authorities
- The individual will be responsible for managing and leading the electronics R&D team in the overall concept, architecture, design, development and implementation of device electronics for laboratory instrumentation for life sciences. Primary duties include providing guidance to the electronics R&D team in the concept and architecture, design and development of mixed-signal, power electronics based multi-layer PCA, as well as electronics system integration and project execution. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated record of leading an R&D team, with hands-on experience in bringing an electronics instrumentation product from concept to mass production release.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering (Honours)
- Min 15 years of working experience preferably in the field of biotechnology instrumentation.
- Min 5 years in managerial position in leading multi-disciplinary design team
- Extensive experience with analog & digital electronics, power electronics, schematics capture & layout design (including library design), cable assembly design, and design documentation.
- Experience with embedded systems, DC/stepper motor drivers, opto-electronics, CMOS/CCD control electronics.
- Technical team coaching, development, and management.
- Broad knowledge of electronics product development process, architecture, state-of-the-art components, lab tools, and electronics CAD products required.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements such as IEC61326, IEC61000, IEC61010.
- Hands-on experience in various FA and ECAD tools used in the design and development chain.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.