R&D Manager Sr. reports to the Director, Technology Management HE TEM and manages the site PPG department.
R&D Manager Sr. leads the team to optimize the engineering role and develop team technical competencies in line with mission and deliverables.
Specific deliverables associated with this position include:
Leads the local engineering department to fulfill the company mission.
- Creates and manages the local engineering strategy in line with global strategy and translates the strategy into operational plans.
- Responsible for continuous improvement process and optimization of R&D related processes and linkage to other departments.
- Support local and global teams in its strategy and deliverables.
- Manage team competence structure and development in line with MSD strategy.
- Identification and development of successors on all relevant positions.
- Creates and executes department budget in line with MSD directions.
- Participates in local operations management team and PPG global team.
- Ensures that all the department deliverables are executed according to globally accepted best practices, company strategy, vision and policy
- May lead complex programs
- Ensure that activities are carried out according to the principle of “Customer focus (internal/external) in all that we do”
- Execute all activities according to Sarbanes-Oxley directives and other FEI or regulatory rules and procedures
- Adhere to work safety, fire safety, hygiene of work and other regulatory standards. Clean and maintain work area and consigned tools.
Other duties as assigned