When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Manufacturing Supervisor is responsible for managing one or more work centers with general responsibility for safety, quality, cost, compliance, and human resource development. The Manufacturing Supervisor will establish and maintain a skilled manufacturing team responsible for manufacture, qualification and availability of high quality products. They are also responsible for ensuring proper and effective utilization of their teams to ensure all business requirements are met.
What will you do?
The successful candidate demonstrates a sense of urgency, contagious optimism and a “can do” attitude. They lead by example and hold themselves and others accountable, while maintaining productive and professional relationships within the team. They must be approachable, transparent and have the ability to maintain a consistent level of energy and enthusiasm. The candidate also needs to be strategic, astute and forward thinking and have the ability to inspire, motivate and collaborate with others.
Key Objectives of the role:
- Supervisor able to effectively run Cell Culture, Fermentation and Lab Support manufacturing teams, including resolution of technical issues
- Promotes and facilitates the safest working environment for all employees.
- Creates work center performance goals and leads each work center and each individual towards achieving those goals. Performs full performance evaluations for all direct reports.
- Effectively reviews metrics to benchmark and drive team performance.
- Works with team members and planning/purchasing teams to develop and execute a manufacturing schedule to meet customer demands.
- Participates in internal and external audits, and responds to audit observations and identifies and implements appropriate corrective and preventive actions.
- Works with Research and Development and Process Development to facilitate the scale-up and introduction of new products.
- Initiates investigations into process failures, product failures, and safety incidents. Identifies and implements appropriate corrective and preventive actions.
- Recommends and coordinates measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Creates and manages to an operational budget for 8-15 direct reports, including compensation, benefits, supplies, and equipment maintenance.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or other related discipline, 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing or research laboratory, and 2+ years of experience in a leadership role
- Master’s degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or other related discipline, 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing or research laboratory, and 2+ years of experience in a leadership role
- 3+ years of experience in ISO or cGMP regulated manufacturing environment.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills.
- Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials.
- Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Experience with PPI Systems and Tools (or similar Continuous Improvement and Lean Systems)
- Ability to operate within generally defined procedures and practices under general direction and minimal supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Must be able to work with numerous departments and varying levels of employees.
- Requires extensive knowledge of manufacturing processes and inter-departmental responsibilities.
- Must demonstrate ability to work with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrates strong leadership and supervisory skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and MS Word is required.
- Working knowledge of MRP system.
- Consistent, dependable and accurate in carrying out responsibilities.
- Displays positive attitude toward job and others.
- Maintains personal composure in high stress situations.
- Maintains confidentiality.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com