Job Title: Finance Director – LSG Integration Management Office (IMO)
Reports To: Jeff Besio, VP Finance, Life Science Solutions Group
Career Band: 9
Position Location: Carlsbad
Number of Direct Reports: 1
The Life Science Solutions group is an operating segment of Thermo Fisher Scientific consisting of six divisions focused manufacturing and commercialization of products focused on Biosciences, Bioproduction, Genetic Sciences, Clinical Next-Gen Sequencing, Laboratory Products and Laboratory Chemicals. It has over 22,000 employees in 40+ countries, generating more than $8.5B in annual revenue.
This role provides overall financial and business leadership to Integration Management Office. This position works closely with LSG Group Leadership, the Integration Leader and peer finance staff to develop and execute synergy strategies related to company acquisitions and subsequent integration.
- Provide finance leadership as relates to the Company’s recent acquisition and future acquisitions including:
- Partnering with the leadership team in developing revenue and cost synergy plans
- Play a key leadership role in developing integration workstreams and developing execution plans via walk the walls sessions
- Challenge workstream teams on assumptions and integration assumptions
- Building of financial tracking models and operating cadence
- Development of reporting cadence and interaction with Corporate on key financial metrics
- Leader for finance function integration activities including:
- Coordinating purchase accounting
- Accounting policy harmonization
- Systems integration and training (CMR, Cognos, etc)
- Key financial process integration:
- Month end close
- Drive programs and priorities across both the LSG finance leadership team and corporate staff
- Identify risks and develop mitigation strategies: to include both financial risk and business performance risk.
- Degree, preferably accounting/finance field. Must have a professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA, CMA).
- 8-10 years of relevant experience in a complex, multinational, multi-site environment. Experience of a matrix organization and of a manufacturing environment highly desirable.
- Strong business acumen and ability to lead outside the construct of finance
- Experience leading diverse global financial consolidations in an accurate and timely manner
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Strong leadership skills and proven ability to adapt leadership style to different situations and people
- Must be a business leader rather than a technical expert – this position plays an active role in leading the business, providing challenge and support in equal measure.
- Must have an outstanding attention to detail and strong process rigour.
- Strong analytical skills – and ability to use those skills to influence and drive change
- Self motivated; bias for action
- Global experience
- 15-20% travel requirement