About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Shipping position will follow all standard operating procedures (SOP’s) to complete all internal and external customer requests. Position will operate a pallet jack or powered industrial truck to transport product through the warehouse and/or load prepared orders on to trucks for shipment.
Position will be responsible for the daily preparation and shipping of orders in a timely manner. Daily preparation will include insuring that all shipments are being classified, routed, documented, and recorded properly according to established distribution procedures. Products that are being shipped will be stored on pallets, cases, and/or individually.
- Correctly sort and stage all orders prior to routing to carrier.
- Verifies all outgoing freight is accurate and resolving any order issues such as over-pulls, errors, and missing products.
- Ensures all paperwork is successfully completed (packing slips, bills of lading, manifests, etc.) and all cartons are in good condition.
- Check hazardous chemicals to insure that cartons are properly marked and sealed in accordance with Department of Transportation shipping regulations.
- Labels boxes and prepares items shipment according to established distribution procedures as needed.
- Maneuvers powered industrial truck throughout Distribution Center to locate freight and load trucks as needed.
- Verifies proper storage conditions of products and notifies Supervisor of any inventory issues that may arise such as Can’t Finds, Expired Product, Breakage, and Out-Of-Stocks.
- Practices good housekeeping and keeps inventory neat, clean, and orderly.
- Assist other team members, as needed, to ensure customer satisfaction including maintaining sufficient employee relations and teamwork.
- Work in all areas of distribution center as assigned to meet customer needs
- Demonstrates dependability, safety consciousness, productivity, and quality at or above standards along with willingness to maintain flexibility and perform multiple warehouse functions as needed.
- Performs daily pre-trip inspection safety checks on powered industrial truck prior to use, when applicable.
- Performs all other duties as assigned or required.
Minimum Requirements/Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skills, and/or ability. To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to complete each essential duty in a satisfactory manner and work in a team environment. Must be proficient in all aspects of distribution and departmental standard operating procedures.
- A High School Diploma or GED.
- General warehouse experience is preferred.
- Prior experience operating a powered industrial truck, preferably a cherry picker.
- Preferred experience in computers and scanning equipment.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must be able to work independently and posses problem solving abilities.
- Ability to constantly stand and move around department required.
- Frequent walking, stooping, bending and reaching required.
- Regular, reliable and predictable attendance necessary for adequate scheduling and coverage.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Worker must be able to read and write in English.
- Lifts, carries, pulls and pushes up to 40 - 70 pounds frequently and 100 pounds occasionally with or without accommodation.
- Demonstrates the Thermo Fisher values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.