Job Title: Project Manager, Gibco BioProduction Services
Reports To: Senior Manager, China Innovation Center; matrix reporting to Sr. Program Manager located at Grand Island, NY
Position Location: Shanghai, China
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
The candidate will be responsible for project management of multiple projects running by BioProduction Development Lab in China. The Project Manager is responsible for working with technical operations to ensure that all projects they are responsible for proceed appropriately and meet the timeline, budget, and specifications of the project.
- Manages custom services projects. Examples of typical projects include but not limited to the following: custom media optimization, feed strategy development / optimization, bioreactor experiment, media stability protocols, cell line development and banking, and protein production and purification.
- Assembles project schedules; ensuring timely completion of the tasks. Communicates scheduling information to team and client. Obtains customer approval of the final timeline and manages subsequent changes to the timeline post-approval. Supports technical operation team in managing to project goals and expectations.
- Responsible for tracking the execution of the timelines and deliverables for each of their designated accounts using GANTT charts or other Project Management tools. Shares tools with program stakeholders. Ensures all project activities are communicated appropriately, are maintained and current in Program Tracking Database.
- Responsible for assembling, analyzing, reporting and posting metrics around service, quality and communication for the project and for reporting these both internally and externally to the client as required.
- Responsible for facilitating project meetings through agendas, meeting management, and meeting minutes. Schedules and executes Project Kick-off, routine Project Update meetings, and Project Close-out meetings for assigned projects.
- Responsible for working with Technical Operations to evaluate the results and/or assessing the impact of any unexpected deviations from timelines. PM supports dispute resolution for any emerging issues.
- Responsible for highlighting client issues to the supervisor: Sr. Manager at China Innovation Center, and / or Sr. Project Manager at Grand Island, and for ensuring client feedback is managed through appropriate channels.
- Prepares regular project reports including revenue updates and capacity/resource planning for Custom Media Service business.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned
- B.S. / B.A. in the Sciences or Engineering (Biology, Molecular Biology, Chemistry, Engineering) with 2-3 years of technical experience and M.S. is preferred.
- PMP Certification preferred (PMP certification within 3-5 years required)
- Have experience participating in cross-functional project teams. Minimum of 2 years’ experience leading laboratory based projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate scientific results in a clear, concise, & accurate manner
- Good oral and written communication skills, both in English and Mandarin
- Proven fast learner on new technology / knowledge / process
- A good team player, an effective communicator, and have an ability to address customer needs for order processing. Should have an intellectual curiosity and be results oriented
- Familiar with methods and techniques of molecular biology and small-scale mammalian cell culture is a plus.
- Sufficient knowledge of scientific principles and basic understanding of statistical design of experiments (DOE)
- Understanding of research design and the evaluation of new techniques and procedures for manufacturing reagents, systems, products or technologies
- Basic understanding of chemical, biochemical and physical interactions of cell culture media and reagent components
- Limited travel is required (<10%)
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 76,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.