The Applications Engineer is responsible for providing technical expertise in the support of Thermofisher Global sales efforts.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Performing high quality product demonstrations, including the development of new techniques and applications for Thermo Fisher partners and customers. Technical product expert assisting with all phases of the sales cycle.
- Cultivating positive customer relationships and acting as a high level customer interface for specific instrument/applications issues, acting as a technical expert, explaining complex technology details, giving in depth presentations, and assisting in technique development.
- Supporting and training customers after the sale has been made and the system is signed off. Assisting FEI Service Engineers on instrument sign offs and specific application techniques.
- Providing continuous feedback to the product groups on system performance, features, and problems while collaborating with marketing/development groups on future product developments.
This customer focused position is ideal for an experienced technologist wanting to be involved with a dynamic team and exposed to a constant variety of customer application areas.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Typically requires a university degree in a science discipline.
- Experience in a relevant commercial/research/production establishment with recent experience utilizing Microscopy and Electrical technology in sample characterization.
- Knowledge of advanced technology and diagnostics as well as operational optimization experience of analytical equipment; specifically electron/ion microscopes and various energy dispersive spectrometers nor other analytical techniques required.
- Excellent, enthusiastic, clear communication skills, both written and verbal, with a diverse audience is critical to the success of this position.
- Excellent customer interfacing and technical sales skills a must.
- Proven ability to interact with cross - functional and cross - cultural teams.
- Ability to travel both domestically as well as internationally and possession of a valid passport.