When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Receive materials and/or finished goods on a daily basis.
- Verify the quality, type and amount of materials received are correct and that the appropriate documentation is present (e.g. packing list).
- Examine, sort, arrange, count, store, pick, and pack items for storage and/or shipment in accordance with established procedures and customer requirements.
- Prepare routine documentation.
- Operate material handling equipment (e.g. hand truck, pallet jack, dock lever, etc.).
- Prepare and ship materials and/or finished goods in a timely manner according to customer requirements.
- May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- 1 year of warehouse experience preferred.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Good communication and customer service skills.
- Functional knowledge of shipping, receiving, and inventory control procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and willingness to cross-train in multiple areas within Distribution.
- Flexibility with recurring work situations and tasks.
- Accuracy is required in performing all functions of this position; errors in work could cause delays in schedules.
- Follow warehouse safety standards and use of proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
- Strong computer skills including familiarity with relevant software (Excel and Word) preferred.
- This position requires the individual to be ready to start work on-time daily and also may require over time when demand fluctuates. Unplanned unapproved/missed-time is required to be less than 2% annually.
- Works in a team based environment. Is required to lift up to 25 lbs. May be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties. Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials. Must be able to work outside of regular work hours.
- The above position will require you to work a flexible shift pattern.