Job Title: Procurement/Sourcing Specialist II
Requisition ID: 62624BR
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
The Associate Buyer performs all functions needed to ensure the lowest total cost of purchased materials and services for a site. This is a service position and is responsive to the needs of internal and external (suppliers) customers. Primary responsibilities center on ordering and expediting production material necessary for the operation of the organization.
- Knowledge of procurement processes and supplier management
- Analyze and execute purchase requisition messages into buy transactions on a daily basis
- Daily Purchase Order (PO) delivery maintenance via expediting
- Manage supplier relationships
- Negotiate spend for raw materials and services agreements
- Manage MRB activities and supplier corrective action on a daily basis
- Manage PO delivery performance on a daily basis
- Manage PO and invoice reconciliation issues
- Manage metrics: Site PPV/MCR, Site Supplier Quality Scorecards, PO Cycle Time, Site Raw Material
- Develop PO, Blanket Order, and Consignment programs
- All other duties as required or assigned
- B.S/B.A college degree in relevant field.
- 1-3 years business experience
- High performance communication and execution skills
- Skilled in using modern ERP systems (e.g. SAP), Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook
- The Buyer Associate is responsible for the effective procurement of materials for the production schedule for a specific work center or commodity class.
- He /she must demonstrate judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers.
- He/ she must be able to exercise judgment with generally defined practices and policies, working on problems of relatively moderate scope and complexity.
- He /she must be able to determine appropriate action by independently referencing operating policies and procedures, and using proven approaches.
- He /she must have experience interacting with different levels of company employees as well as frequent interaction with vendors.
- He /she must be able to provide feedback and periodic updates to managers on status of goal/project assignments.
- He /She must embraces philosophy of Practical Process Improvement (PPI)-Continuous Improvement.
This position does not have relocation assistance
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.