When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
Unity Lab Services (ULS), a part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, provides integrated solutions, instruments, and enterprise services to our customers. This Field Service Representative is responsible for managing all aspects of field service support and customer relationship management. The successful candidate will provide complete services on IC and LC chromatography, ICP and ICP-MS systems including installation, repairs, preventative maintenance, and instrument qualifications. Our ideal candidate will be customer oriented, an advocate for Thermo Fisher Scientific in customer laboratories, and be eager to drive growth.
What will you do?
- Perform on-site installation, repair, maintenance, qualification, and validation
- Must be client-focused, working in conjunction with other ULS teams and Sales
- Must be proficient with the use of customer management software to track service calls, manage parts inventories, and complete job tasks
- Reviews reports and documentation from customers, and inspects malfunctioning product to determine nature and scope of problem
- Analyzes review and inspection findings to determine source of problem, and recommends repair, replacement, or other corrective action
- Coordinates problem resolution with engineering, customer service, and other personnel to expedite repairs
- Analyzes reports of technical problems to recommend modifications to eliminate future problems
- Provides a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer
- Develops and conducts familiarization on the safe operations of the equipment and demonstrates skills to trainees, including both team members and customers
How will you get there?
Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Chemistry, Sciences or related field
- 3 years hands-on experience as a Service Representative is preferred, particularly working with analytical instrumentation or 3+ years relevant industry experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Customer Service excellence in a fix the customer then fix the instrument environment
- Effective communication skills and establishing good customer rapport are essential
- Ability to prioritize service requests and produce clear and concise documentation
- Must be available to travel overnight up to 60% within the territory or other areas as required
Location: This position is field based and ideally located within the Greater Toronto Area. The territory primarily covers Ontario, Quebec, Manitoba, Saskatchewan and National travel is required.
This position is not eligible for relocation.