When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Procurement manager has overall responsibility for assigned purchasing activities for the Hillsboro site ensuring uninterrupted global supply of raw materials, OEM finished goods and services. This position’s primary objective is to acquire inbound materials and services on time and complete, from approved Global Suppliers to support the operations and improve the organization’s profitability. This position is part of the MSD group and is located in Hillsboro, Oregon.
- Ensure the growth and development of Buyers/team members in accordance with Corporate values; Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
- Optimize procurement activity within the team
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders in support of the daily management of the Supply Chain and service delivery to customers.
- Ensure that work is allocated and managed across the team in an effective and efficient manner.
- Supervise and manage the team of Buyers. Be a role model leader.
- Manage Human Resources activities for the team (objectives, attendance, appraisal, holidays, performance management).
- Coach, train and develop the team.
- Manage and supervise the Purchase Order process from end to end.
- Manage and continuously improve Supplier Performance.
- Supervise and manage the returns process to suppliers.
- Improve the quality of the inventory by reducing the dead and excess risk.
- Deliver to agreed KPI’s and AOP objectives.
- Work with key suppliers to monitor and improve service/inventory levels.
- Work with key internal stakeholders (Ops, Prod Mgt, Customer Service, Finance) to ensure efficiency/effectiveness.
- Contribute to increased customer loyalty score (CAS).
- Ensure that the team delivers timely responses to queries from internal and external stakeholders (ie supplier/customer delivery information etc). receiving phone calls.
- Embrace and participate in PPI initiatives to identify improvements and cost savings to the business.
- University degree, or a combination of education and experience that demonstrate the required skills
- 7+ years of experience in Logistic (Procurement/Sourcing) department in a highly flexible environment and 5 years of experience in a management role
- Knowledge and experience of inventory, purchasing and supplier management activity.
- Able to supervise specialist teams of buyers.
- In depth knowledge and experience of working with ERP systems.
- Experience of change management and continuous improvement.
- Strong people management skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- High level of organizational and time management skills.
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.