When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Customer Service Rep is assigned to a geographical region and maintains positive customer relationships both before and after the sale. This position provides territory support to Regional Sales Managers, Manufacturing and Direct Sales Reps, and can have a direct impact on sales revenues and profit margins. Responsibilities include development of strong working relationships with all departments both internally and externally to ensure we meet or exceed customer expectations and sales goals. Keen understanding of sales and customer relationship development and management, strong attention to detail and problem solving skills in a fast paced environment are required.
- Responds to all inquiries from Customers and Sales and acts as the point of contact for all issues related to order fulfillment, including pricing schedules/pricing changes, legal & contractual obligations, finance terms and delivery timelines
- Coordinate assigned inventory pool for customer validation and customer care situations; influence production and shipping schedules in accordance with customer requirements
- Provide high level of customer service through outbound communication and systematic customer reviews
- Champion supply chain and production issues which may negatively affect the assigned sales territory. Proactively work with internal departments to overcome delivery and parts shortages, and represent in-house sales and customer voice
- Develop high levels of account knowledge and alert field sales to potential new business opportunities or opportunities to upgrade existing customers to new products
- Submit sales proposals and quotations, and respond to government bidding opportunities
- Resolve shipping and invoicing issues
- Lead the customer first attitude with exemplary customer understanding, communication and responses
- Participate in internal PPI programs to improve sales operations and customer care initiatives
- Monitor customer satisfaction levels through outbound calls and surveys. Identify and track customer satisfaction issues, and utilize excellent customer care skills to communicate and manage customer satisfaction concerns
- Act as the customer advocate for issues relating to service, sales, product quality, finance and other departments, and represent department on internal teams and policy implementation
- Document and communicate current sales and field support policies and procedures
- Assist with closure of overdue sales tasks and monitor inside sales activities within territory
- Maintain high levels of product, technical and application knowledge
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Excellent customer services skills, including communication, attitude and positive role model behavior
- Must be able to multi-task and handle multiple accounts at any given time
- Energetic and innovative approach to sales issues and customer concerns
- A natural problem solver with tenacity, collaborative work-style and positive attitude
- Strong cross-functional skills with the determination to solve customer issues.
- Team player who assists peers with territory coverage during peak periods
- Strong technical or scientific aptitude
- High School Diploma/GED Equivalent.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.