About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands - Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
The Product Owner provides business and functional expertise and acts as the voice of the customer in articulating and prioritizing desired functionality. The product owner is responsible for the delivery of the team being truly aligned to customer intent and business value. The product owner is the sole arbiter of the team backlog, but leans on the development team to help refine, contribute and sequence work. As an indirect leader, the product owner ensures that the team work is meaningful and impactful. This person is visionary with the requisite functional knowledge to bridge the divide between business intent and execution of the team.
- Creates, refines and deletes work items in the team backlog in order to keep it organized, relevant and progressively elaborated just in time
- Works with Product Management, customers and stakeholders to ensure their wants and needs are backed into the backlog in succinct and plain language
- Owns priority of work items in the backlog at the team level with some priorities inherited from the parent program backlog
- Hosts and facilitates sprint review /demo as well as formulating relevant attendee list for each session
- Ensure required artifacts are produced and readily available for PMO memorialization for the purposes of audit and compliance
- Represents their team for PO Sync in order to coordinate/communicate shifting priorities
- Works with the Release Train Engineer, Product Management, and their Scrum Master to ensure the team is prepared in advance of program level events such as PI Planning, Inspect and Adapt and system or PI demos
- Ensures there is enough “ready” backlog to sustain team planning every two weeks
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, systems analysis or a related field of study, or equivalent experience. Master’s degree a plus.
- A minimum of 3+ years of hands on Product Owner experience, or equivalent BA experience.
- Experience in the Web/eCommerce space preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of Agile/Scrum a must. Experience as a Scrum Master and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) certifications a plus (POPM).
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments.
- Effective ability to lead and train teams through sprint planning, retrospectives, and facilitation of multiple sprints within enterprise environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Understanding of the political climate of the enterprise and how to navigate the politics.
- Ability to balance the long-term ("big picture") and short-term implications of individual decisions.
- Ability to apply multiple solutions to business problems.
- Bias towards action and experimentation
- Highly effective communicator
- Thrives in a complex fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to Results/ Team Player
- Highly supportive of the business and of its ideals and strategies.
- Effective at driving short-term actions that are consistent with long-term goals.
- Analytical Thinking/ Decision Making
- Adaptability/Interpersonal Communication
- Business Acumen/ Process Management
- Acts with uncompromised Integrity & Trust