This position is within the Fisher BioServices business unit of Thermo Fisher Scientific. The Operations Supervisor supervises Operations staff in the receipt, storage, processing, and shipment of biological specimens. This position may interact with clients, and ensures that daily operations run smoothly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Applies Good Manufacturing Principles in all areas of responsibility.
· Supervises, trains and reviews repository and lab technicians.
· Schedules shipping, receiving, storage, and pulling of biological specimens.
· Assures correct documentation and sample count/integrity.
· Oversees the function and integrity of the BSI database.
· Interfaces with project clients for the receipt and shipping of specimens.
· QCs the repository database to assure correct inventories, and troubleshoot problems.
· Updates and ensure compliance with SOPs, and develops new ones as needed.
· Develops new procedures for the efficient maintenance and security of the bio specimens.
· Helps to generate monthly reports.
· Works on-call and available past working hours to respond to any facility emergencies that may arise.
· Ability to lead a team and effectively communicate
Knowledge of specimen repositories and materials handled
Bio Safety Level 2
BSI Database knowledge
Ability to be on call for facility emergencies (rotational)
Bachelors degree preferred
High School Required