Job ID :
US - Maryland - Rockville
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Independently responsible for collecting, validating, processing, and reconciling biweekly payroll for 250+ employees according to company’s payroll process policy and guidelines and state labor laws (MD, MA, and CA)
- Maintain proper documentation of payroll records in compliance with laws and regulations (i.e. timesheet, HR documents, Manager correspondence)
- Research discrepancies of payroll documentation for the purpose of ensuring accuracy and adherence to procedure prior to processing
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential
- Responsible for the coordination efforts between Payroll, Human Resources, Corporate, and other department to ensure proper information flow and maintain employee data in systems
- Attend company-wide payroll meetings to keep up to date on policies and processes
- Identify, address, and make recommendations for workflow issues in a timely and professional manner
- Prepare and enter payroll journal entries using bank statements and ADP reports, reconciling systems with reports
- Calculate fringe allocation entries across departments
- Calculate paid time off (PTO), bonus, and commission accruals according to company policy and complete monthly account reconciliations
- Calculate month end labor accruals
- Post inter-company cross charges related to payroll
- Post headcount monthly and certify systems are in balance
- Maintain a PTO master report for managers and distribute monthly
- Respond to internal inquiries regarding payroll procedure/other payroll related information
- Other ad-hoc duties as assigned
- Assist in the annual planning process around payroll
- Requires a Associates degree in accounting; prefer Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPP designation a plus
- Requires 5+ years of relevant work experience in a similar role
- Requires working knowledge of state and federal labor laws, accounting policies, practices, and systems.
- Competent in Microsoft Excel, Pivot table, VLOOKUP, SUMIF
- Experience with payroll in larger organizations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate clearly in response to employee payroll inquiries
- Well organized
- 8AM to 5PM core hours with additional hours as required.
- Will be required to work some holidays to meet payroll deadlines
- Will be required to work non-traditional work week/hours.
Work Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to use a computer up to 8 hours per day.