About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands - Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
The Senior Content Governance Analyst – eBusiness Content Operations will utilize scientific product knowledge, information architecture, and content system analysis techniques to optimize, maintain, and govern the product content models specific to attribution and data quality as they relate to the search and browse taxonomy structures supporting fishersci.com and thermofisher.com. Responsibilities will involve developing and maintaining the supporting processes and documentation for these implementations within the Content Management Systems. The Senior Governance Analyst will also be integral to the communication strategy to all technical and business stakeholders within these areas to ensure agreement is reached for changes as part of implementation.
- Implement attribution model optimization per taxonomy category in the Hybris Content Management System working with business stakeholders and technical teams where required.
- Build, maintain and optimize the controlled vocabulary database for critical product attributes to the content data model across the taxonomies.
- Maintain and establish governance and data quality processes with a focus on accuracy, efficiency and automation through normalization/quality/mapping software and technology.
- Create import files in text, Excel, or Hybris impex formats for large data changes utilizing Microsoft Access and Microsoft Excel to prepare content for import to the systems.
- Govern New Product Introduction imports against data model standards including browse and search refinement attributes, values and product family organization.
- Develop and Maintain the SOP documentation for implementing changes within the systems.
- Coordination and communication of data model changes to the content systems with business and technical owners and stakeholders (Product Management, Digital Technology, eBusiness, eMarketing, QA and BA) before change implementation.
- Manage the iConnect Governance Request Task List that serves as the tracking, evaluation, and prioritization database for all Governance team requests.
- Support the global product model attribution strategy by coordination with the Taxonomy Architect and analysts during implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or Information Management.
- 3 + years experience in information management, data management, database management, or related field.
- Advanced knowledge of data manipulation techniques within Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access, including the use of macros and VBA.
- Experience working with data quality/normalization/mapping technologies.
- Advanced understanding of database concepts: Objects, Tables, Queries, Relationships, etc.
- Working knowledge of XML, XSL, Java, Impex and SQL a plus.
- Website taxonomy category management a plus.
- Familiarity with the following CMS and MDM solutions preferred: Hybris PCM, Adobe CQ5, OpenText.