When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Building Automation Specialist provides technical expertise and mechanical support for all building systems at the Carlsbad, California facility. This role supports the facilities team to operate, improve and maintain our building automation and support systems.
What will you do?
- Utilize Siemens building automation system (BAS) and other operational control systems to maintain space conditions, minimize energy consumption and achieve utilities savings targets.
- As the primary point of contact for our BAS vendors, track all relevant action logs, ensure issues are documented and resolved in a timely manner.
- Actively monitor system performance, develop and track relevant performance indicators including electrical, natural gas and water consumption.
- Utilize site CMMS to track maintenance actions and metrics.
- Develop and implement preventive and predictive maintenance actions to improve equipment reliability.
- As a subject matter expert, drive root cause analysis for system and equipment breakdowns. Utilize systematic troubleshooting tools to quickly resolve any operational interruptions.
- Support energy conservation projects with an integrated approach to global energy management programs.
- Assist in the development of system commissioning protocol. Represent Facilities in any new or modified system commissioning activities.
- Continuously improve and execute on the equipment and controls preventive maintenance program to achieve department reliability goals while containing maintenance costs.
- Operate all HVAC and facilities support systems according to standard operating procedures. Where SOPs do not exist, partner with available resources to develop procedures.
- Manage outside resources as required to maintain all site support systems, including project management of timelines, budgets and deliverables.
- Lead troubleshooting of all HVAC systems including air handlers, water systems, steam systems, pumps, controls, valves, etc. Including root cause analysis and corrective actions for any significant or repeat issues.
- Optimize operation of HVAC equipment to reduce energy consumption, increase reliability and standardize processes
- Ensure safety and code compliance for all associated equipment and materials.
- Maintain accurate and up to date systems documentation.
- Assist to create requirements for installation contractors to ensure maintenance of system integrity and standardization.
- Assist in other facilities related tasks as required.
How will you get here?
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in Building Automation operation, installation, troubleshooting and repair in a medical, pharmaceutical or semiconductor facility
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com