The Business Process Optimization PPI Team Lead is part of the PMO Team under the Productivity Platform and works closely with end users and key stakeholders to identify and improve the overall experience and outcomes of HR programs and services by leveraging the PPI business system. Working as a global process owner, leader or consultant, the individual in this role will have an employee experience focus and mindset with process orientation and ease of use principles as core competencies.
Uses formalized tools and trackers to allow monitoring, management, visibility and updating of progress against deliverables. Drives the assessment, ring-fencing of people, processes and technologies, and capture as-is and to-be process mapping across the team. Actively participates in the building of business cases and creation of ROI calculations to justify investments. Assures consistent application of agreed-upon methodologies across the business process team. Assures full engagement and identification of resources and stakeholders outside the team who should have input and/or participate in the new process development efforts.
- Support HR functions in development and deployment of a PPI roadmap to make step-level changes in performance (productivity and other Key Performance Indicators).
- Improve end user experience and overall business value, collaborating with cross functional teams to leverage the PPI Business System
- Challenge organizational leaders as necessary to create an action-based culture of continuous improvement and accountability to improve their KPI’s, including growth, productivity, asset utilization, inventory, and customer allegiance.
- Develop end to end HR process improvement road maps. Assure that processes are documented in a consistent manner and naturally lead to the creation of training and communications resources to be leveraged by the broader HR organization.
- Gather requirements and develops business case, project charters and project plans
- Lead implementation and execution of approved plans.
- Consult or support non owned process improvement initiatives as required.
- Deliver presentations and training courses as needed to achieve desired process adoption and performance.
- Work with the cross functional teams to create and communicate ongoing Supplier PPI strategy, aligned with the Thermo Fisher’s Mission and Vision.
- Identify best practices within the company, and outside of Thermo Fisher, and serve as a conduit for best-practice sharing. Proliferate PPI and lean thinking throughout the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 5-8 years’ experience managing and delivering process improvement project results, experience with Workday preferred
- Extensive formal lean training, and comprehensive knowledge of Lean and continuous improvement methodologies and tools
- Self-motivated, with a bias for action
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Customer-service and goal oriented
- Great communicator at all levels of the organization, including accomplished written, oral and presentational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly collaborative with ability to influence others and gain commitment to change
- High degree of proficiency in the Microsoft Office Tool Suite and Visio
- Ability to present projects and training materials
- Experience of working on and with remote teams
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Self-directed and strong planning skills
- Active listener skills
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in large, complex organizational structures with rapidly changing requirements and shifting priorities