- Conduct on-site installation of complex equipment and follow testing procedures to ensure proper working order
- Conduct on-site scheduled planned maintenance visits
- Provide troubleshooting and repair support for customers and other field service personnel
- Cultivate and develop positive working relationships with customers, system users and company personnel
- Travel, often on short notice, to customer sites to resolve problems or support other field service personnel
- Complete and submit field service reports
- Provide training for customers and users on system maintenance
- Provide feedback to product quality teams
- Provide appropriate input in writing updating and correcting various Thermo Fisher system documentation
- Provide input for various reports including identifying and isolating unique problems with system
- Act as a subject expert and resource for training
This position is ideal for an experienced service engineer wanting to be involved with a dynamic team and exposed to a constant variety of customer application areas.
- Typically requires a University degree or equivalent experience in electronic system troubleshooting
- Typically requires approximately 10 years hands on technical experience installing, troubleshooting, repairing and calibrating complex analysis tools such as SEM, TEM, FIB or similar systems.
- Must have a thorough understanding and extensive experience troubleshooting and repairing ultra-high vacuum and high voltage systems.
- Ability to deal effectively with customers
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Proven ability to troubleshooting complex systems and subsystems down to component level
- Literate in MS DOS and Windows software environments
- Able to read and interpret schematics
- Familiar with UHV phenomenon and technology