Job Title: Senior Operational Excellence Specialist
Implements the Operational Excellence initiatives at the respective site designed to meet or exceed the key performance indicators such as revenue, EBITDA, right-first-time (quality), and On-Time Delivery as well as improving Organizational Health. Responsible for utilizing operational excellence tools to achieve process improvement.
- Monitors progress of improvement efforts and develops plans to address shortcomings
- Provides status updates to the Site Operational Excellence Leader and/or site leadership team on the results of the operational excellence initiatives and identifies any potential obstacles that may require site leadership interventions
- Measures and reports on key performance indicators (leading and lagging) at site level; develops and implements effective corrective action plans in conjunction with functional managers to address any areas of concern
- Deploys system to standardize operational excellence best practices within the site as defined
- Collaborates with colleagues and stakeholders to execute an operational excellence plan that supports site, business unit, and Patheon, part of Thermofisher Strategies.
- Implements annual operational excellence road-maps to drive continuous improvement
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and technology that can drive operational excellence and shares best practices to drive step-function changes
Lean Six Sigma Certification, MBA or other advanced degree is preferred
5 years experience in a highly-regulated industry (examples: pharma & medical devices)
2 years experience in operational excellence capacity
- Demonstrated ability to drive operational excellence initiatives
- Strong influencing skills
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams to deliver against challenging objectives
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English
Position requires ordinary ambulatory skills and physical coordination sufficient to move about office locations; ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch periodically for prolonged periods of time; manipulation (lift, carry, move) of light to medium weights of 10-35 pound pounds; arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp and type for prolonged periods of time; visual acuity to use a keyboard, computer monitor, operate equipment, and read materials for prolonged periods of time; ability to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear for prolonged periods of time.