When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
The Laboratory Equipment Technologies (LET) business unit is part of the Laboratory Products Division. LET consists of four businesses: Cold Storage; Centrifuges; Temperature Control; and Biological Safety Cabinets, CO2 Incubators and Orbital Shakers. The Senior Program Manager role is located in a flagship facility in Asheville, NC.
How will you make an impact?
The Senior Program Manager has responsibility to lead a team of program managers for leading product development projects from concept to post launch surveillance on time, within the agreed to scope and within budget for Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Laboratory Equipment Technologies business unit. The Program Manager uses best practice project Management tools to lead cross functional teams focused on product and process development, manufacturing platform improvements, and /or capacity expansions while maintaining compliance with all appropriate processes, systems and procedures.
What will you do?
- Responsible to drive cross-functional/regional programs which are strategic in nature to the ongoing evolution of the Laboratory Equipment Technologies (LET) business unit.
- Manages program managers working on LET product line programs. Facilitates critical thinking by helping to validate and link program objectives to the product line strategy.
- Function as a liaison and thought partner between the Leadership Team and various program work stream leaders to ensure the business needs have been met and are delivered on schedule. Address conflicts or issues as they arise, escalating as necessary, in order to overcome any obstacles.
- Influences stakeholders and their leaders as appropriate in a matrixed organizational environment to implement execution plans involving resource allocation, work plans, timelines, and financial outcomes.
- Owns end to end success of the program, ensuring accountability, execution of timelines, and continuous change management to deliver on-time, qualitative results.
- Experience with challenging the current thought process of staff and status quo of business processes.
- Identifies key issues and risks, recommend options which are supported by a clear fact set and analysis, build business cases to support revenue and/or cost synergies programs, cost-to-achieve/budget, etc., facilitate and negotiate individual and team decisions. Requires an understanding of stakeholder motivations and impacts to the organization.
- Work on complex problems where analysis of situations or information requires an in-depth evaluation and knowledge of various factors impacting the overall outcome of the program.
- Develop and lead the execution of change management plans, including functional training and internal/external communications. Evaluate organizational readiness for change, as well as intervention mechanisms to overcome resistance to change.
- Responsible to ensure program plans are robust, maintained, and access is available to all necessary.
- Deliver and/or lead presentations for steering committees and executive staff.
How will you get here?
Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or science field.
- 5-10 years of program management experience
- Cross functional work experience e.g., in Operations, R&D, or Marketing, and a minimum of 6 years program or project management experience.
- Has managerial experience, ability to supervise, coach and develop staff.
- Competent in planning and organizing, leading presentations and conflict resolution.
- Proven ability to facilitate and implement change management.
- Influencing and leadership skills to effectively drive decision making, problem solving and coordinating people from multiple cross functional disciplines.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate to employees and managers at all levels in the organization.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and making recommendations without all the data.
- Professional Project Management (e.g. certified by PMI®, Program Management Institute).
- Expertise in program management and practical experience, preferably in manufacturing. Experience in laboratory equipment and regulated environments would be advantageous.
- Competent in the use of project management tools, techniques and software tools.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.