About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab
Senior Technical Support Analyst will provide technical support for Chromatography Data System (CDS) products to customers within Thermo Fisher and externally. This will include incident ownership from receipt to resolution and closure; adherence to escalation procedures; customer service level agreements; implementation and support of customized customer specific solutions.
- Managing customer incidents in a professional and efficient manner
- Build working relationships with other departments of Thermo Fisher Scientific CMD, particularly within the CDS development and product teams
- Proactively learning new technologies as well as the supported products
- Being prepared to visit customers for on-site relationship building or troubleshooting
- Customer related or internal required travel up to 20%
- Being prepared to troubleshoot simple to complex software and instrumentation communication issue
- Being the intermediary between customer and Thermo Fisher to ensure mutually beneficial resolutions
- Communication of the requirements to software developers, test engineers, and technical authors.
- Working with an international team
- Providing clear and concise written and oral communications
- Providing presentations to customer or internal resources
- Liaising with people at all levels, from technical experts to novice users
- Serving as a customer advocate to internally promote our customer’s concerns
- Organizing work to achieve established targets
- Other duties as assigned
- BSc in Computer Science, Mathematics, Life Sciences or related field strongly preferred
- Experience as CDS Administrator or Super User
- At least three years of software technical support experience
- Knowledge of Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry (MS) and their usage in an industrial laboratory setting, including the integration of MS software and CDS.
- Knowledge of Chromeleon CDS a highly desired plus
- Knowledge of Xcalibur MS software a plus
- Working knowledge of Windows Server, Win 7, Win 10
- Understanding of relational database and network communication concepts a plus
- Comfortable with and effective at expressing and exchanging ideas, concepts and designs in a group setting
- Customer focused and committed to customer allegiance
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Comfortable with working in a dynamic, flexible environment.
- Excellent & attentive listener
- Tenacious problem solver
- Enthusiastic, positive, action oriented attitude
- Above average verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to liaise with people at all levels, from technical experts to novice users
- Organized with the ability to prioritize workload and work under pressure
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally up to 20% of the time
** This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.