At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Job Title: Accountant III
We seek an Accounting professional with strong knowledge of U.S. G.A.A.P. and advanced accounting and technical skills to join our Group accounting team as Accountant III, responsible for timely and accurate reporting of the $1,500 Million Laboratory Products Division. The position will be based at our flagship manufacturing, distribution and service business located in Asheville, NC.
- Prepare for and actively participate in internal and external audits
- Completeness and accuracy of monthly account reconciliations, using Blackline software
- Balance Sheet flux analysis, including commentary on material variances
- Preparation of Quarterly Letter of Representation to Divisional leadership
- Monthly Scorecard for trade receivables and aging of intercompany accounts
- Liaise with China intercompany team on quarterly credit and rebill arrangements
- Maintenance of local Approval Authority Matrix (AAM)
- Sunshine Act compliance
- SOX Key Spreadsheet testing
- Revenue cut-off testing
- Maintenance and review of the FOB Revenue deferral model
- Review of Incoterms requests from Order Entry team
- Other duties as assigned
This role will report to the Sr. Manager, LSG Group Accounting and will work closely with the Asheville site Finance team and the North America Regional Shared Service Center.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of Accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP with demonstrated advanced accounting and technical skills
- Prior public accounting experience preferred
- Prior experience with revenue recognition/deferred revenue accounting desirable
Other Job Requirements:
- Ability to work independently; self-motivated; high bias for action
- High-level Excel skills incl. use of Pivot tables and VLOOKUP functionality
- Possess team-building skills and the proven ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Ability to develop high levels of credibility and forge solid and positive professional relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Adhere to OHS policies and procedures and ensure a safe and healthy workplace environment
This position has NOT been approved for Relocation Assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.