At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Job Title: Financial Analyst II
We seek a versatile Finance professional with sound analysis and communication skills to join our expanding FP&A team to support Supply-Chain leadership and partner with our external sales/use tax consultants as Financial Analyst II. The position will be based at our flagship manufacturing, distribution and service business located in Asheville, North Carolina.
- Prepare Site Review deck monthly to support Supply-Chain leadership
- Analysis of freight charges to explain variances
- Monthly account reconciliations, using Blackline software
- Handling of 3rd party dealer/distributor commissions
- Preparation of sales tax reports to submit to external consultants
- Handling of customer sales tax exemption certificates
- Maintenance of Vertex data (sales tax calculation software)
- Participation in internal and external audits
- Electronic routing of documents to the Shared Service Center (SSC)
- Other duties as assigned
This role will work closely with the site Finance team, external tax consultants and the Costa Rica SSC.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 1 year of related experience
- Prior sales/use tax reporting experience preferred
Other Job Requirements:
- Ability to work independently; self-motivated; high bias for action
- Proficient Excel skills incl. use of Pivot tables and VLOOKUP functionality
- Familiarity with BAAN ERP and IBM Cognos reporting tool preferred
- Possess team-building skills and the proven ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Ability to develop high levels of credibility and forge solid and positive professional relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Adhere to EHS policies and procedures to ensure a safe and healthy workplace environment
This position has NOT been approved for Relocation Assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.