With more than 60 years of innovation and leadership, we enable customers to find meaningful answers to questions that accelerate breakthrough discoveries, increase productivity, and ultimately change the world. We design, manufacture, and support the broadest range of high-performance microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales. Combining hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, and light microscopy with deep application knowledge in the materials science, life sciences, electronics, and natural resources markets, the worldwide team of 3200+employees is dedicated to customers' pursuit of discovery and resolution to global challenges.
Check out these videos!
Inside the FEI Titan Transmission Electron Microscope https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wEmsDh_l_A
How to make a microscope https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W6J_f4yVVg
The installation of a Talos at the University of Chicago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40rTgRq7iD0
The world needs answer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABSxT6Y099I
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
As the world leader in serving science, we empower our people to advance innovative technologies, develop meaningful solutions, and build rewarding careers. With revenues of >$18 billion and the largest investment in R&D (Research and Development) in the industry, we give our 55,000 extraordinary minds the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
A part of the R&D organization is the Advanced Technology (AT) group in Eindhoven. This group is responsible for the initiation and development of new technology concepts in High-end Transmission Electron Microscopes (TEM). We focus on Proof-of-Principle and Proof-of Concept activities. Our program is based on Technology and Marketing roadmaps. This multi-disciplinary team works on various different microscope components that enable the primary functionality of the microscope: imaging contrast, electron optics, workflow support and computational infrastructure, image processing and artificial intelligence, in situ Electron Microscopy and prototype module development and testing.
As Manager R&D you will lead a sub-team of cross-functional engineers. The principal focus is to manage the successful advanced technology development related to image contrast and detection and electron optics . You will be project manager for your projects as well as line-manager for your team.
You will be seen as the spokesperson for your projects and will manage your projects from start to finish. The decisions made by you and your teams will have direct and longer term business impact. Your challenge will be to create technological complex products, meeting the needs of all your stakeholders, combining short term goals with long term needs. You will report directly to the Manager R&D of the Advanced Technology Group in Eindhoven. We seek a strong technical leader, people manager but with an innovative mindset for executing programs that will create differentiators for our future products.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage the AT project execution, development and delivery of concepts and modules
- Manage the transfer of AT deliverables to relevant parties (e.g. to integration and module groups)
- Line manager of a cross functional R&D team
- Implement review processes and set clear expectations around the key deliverables of the project portfolio.
- Effectively negotiate project content and deliverables with relevant parties
- Contribute to the engineering budgeting process by providing financial/ budgetary analysis and recommendations for AT projects
- Contribute to the yearly Centre of Excellence road mapping activities in the Contrast and detection domain
- Show creativity and strength in yearly definition of AT project portfolio
- Ability to manage high level professionals, assign specific duties, and create a constructive and cooperative working relationship.
- Assist and drive collaborations with external partners
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Typically requires a PhD in Physics, Engineering or related discipline.
- Typically requires 5 years management experience in directing high level professionals in R&D programs or development teams.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex advanced programs/projects
- Proven ability to build consensus among key stakeholders that may not be under your management control.
- Out of the box thinker to come with innovative new directions for advanced technology developments
- All experience may have been gained concurrently.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability