Job Title: Manager, PPI Business System
The Manager, PPI Business Systems is responsible for the leading the continued adoption and sustained utilization of Marietta, Ohio Site PPI and Lean methodologies in support of business goals. This position is focused on supporting all continuous improvement activities for the Site, including training and coaching employees and managers on the PPI Business System and Lean concepts, process management of PPI activities, and metrics delivery to the Site and to the larger Organization.
Responsibilities include direct support to cross-functional teams, partnership with others site and Business Units across LSG/LPD with a focus on positive customer outcomes. This role will work closely with the Director of Operations and Site Leadership Team to align PPI activities to Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and generate strategic plans to achieve results in targeted improvement areas.
- Own and coach to completion cross-functional improvement activities that are tied to critical improvement areas for the business.
- Lead the PPI Business System initiative driving improvements through customer delivery & improved quality, as well as cost reduction/avoidance to drive growth and improve profitability.
- Develop teaching tools to train Lean concepts to employees at all levels.
- Provide leadership and technical expertise to kaizen events and other Lean initiatives.
- Develop and deliver Lean training material to include tools such as: value stream mapping, cell design, Kanban, strategy deployment, Standard Work, 5S, and quick changeover.
- Manage the implementation and follow up of the PPI Business System activities to ensure activities are demonstrating progress.
- Act as a positive change agent, systematically drive use of Lean tools for continuous improvement and change throughout operations.
- Demonstrated qualification as Lean Coach to lead Lean transformation.
- Lead PPI Business System Steering Committee.
- Lead Value Stream KPI review each month. Identify gaps and implement countermeasures.
- Coordinate activities with Division PPI Business System leadership to make sure that implementation standard work is being followed and that best practices are being shared across the Division.
- Initiate communications and programs geared to excite and engage all associates in the PPI Business System.
- Be involved in project management of special initiatives supporting Site and Division goals.
- Represent the Site and Division with communications and best practice sharing activities.
- Perform all job duties in a safe manner and obey all safety policies and procedures.
- Perform all job duties consistent with the Code of Ethics and the 4-I Values.
- Perform all job duties within ISO standards, regulatory or statutory requirements.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement and support all PPI, Keys and Lean projects.
- Perform other duties and cross training as assigned.
- 5+ years’ experience in a leadership/project management role in a manufacturing environment, focused on Lean implementation across the Enterprise.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or engineering, or equivalent work experience. An advanced degree, such as an MBA, is a plus.
- Demonstrated technical skills in Lean tools & concepts with an emphasis on implementation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and demonstrated ability to develop strong relationships with employees at all levels of the Organization.
- Evidence of on-going professional development such as professional certifications, training in kaizen, six sigma, value stream mapping, Toyota methods or other process improvement tools.
- Ability to coach & facilitate teams to successful outcomes.
- Strong leadership and decision making ability.
- Direct experience with PPI process, project management or similar experience.
- Certified as a trainer of PPI-Lean and 8-step method, or ability to become certified within 3 months.
- Knowledge, experience or training in Lean techniques and proficient in process auditing.
- Possess a continuous process improvement mindset with the ability to effectively lead and manage change.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Solid working knowledge of other business functions such as Logistics, Finance, Sales, Engineering, and Human Resources in addition to Manufacturing and Quality.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Able to travel up to 25%, as needed.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com