Thermo Fisher Scientific is seeking an experienced Service Engineer to conduct preventative, corrective, and qualification maintenance on major industry brands of HPLC instruments and Mass Spec systems. This position is responsible for managing all aspects of field service support including: customer relationship management, service backlogs, inventory, and resolution of customer complaints. Successful candidates will actively promote service offerings and expansion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives customer service requests for installations, relocations, calibrations, preventive maintenance and basic repairs.
- Promptly acknowledges receipt and contacts the customer to schedule services required. Ensures that the schedule meets the customer’s needs. Seeks assistance from peers when unable to meet the customer’s expectations. Communicate schedule of services on a daily basis.
- Executes plan to help sell service contracts, parts, accessories, consumables, software, upgrades and training to customer base, while working towards the regional revenue goals defined by management.
- Manages workload and customer requirements in the territory designated by the regional manager.
- Represents the company in a positive, professional manner in all dealings with Thermo Fisher Scientific customers, both external and internal.
- Act as a Thermo Fisher Scientific advocate in all capacities in customer laboratories. Effectively communicate competitive information and additional sales opportunities to Field Sales. Provides feedback to factory personnel for product improvements.
- Reports daily activities in SAP or Customer Support Administration department for accurate record keeping, including closing service calls upon completion.
- Maintains personal Field Service inventory of replacement parts. Returns defective material in a timely manner, and orders replacements in accordance with company policy.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Regional Service Manager
- BS degree in Life Sciences, Electronics or equivalent experience. Background in Chemistry or Biochemistry is highly desired.
- 5+ years Field Service experience or 5+ years relevant Industry experience.
- Proven experience with HPLC and/or Mass Spec systems.
- Certified service experience on leading industry Chromatography and/or Dissolution systems preferred.
- Experience with Waters and/or Agilent instrumentation is highly desirable.
- Proven troubleshooting ability to diagnose and resolve problems on sophisticated electronic, mechanical, and optical instrumentation in a commercial scientific laboratory setting.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Demonstrated experience managing service territory, scheduling, and inventory.
- Must be available to travel overnight for training within the territory or other areas as required.
Location: This position is primarily based at a customer site in Cambridge, MA, with travel throughout other parts of Greater Boston area.