When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Customer Experience Lead will initially focus on projects to dramatically improve the customer experience for Antibody & Immunoassay reagents. As progress is made, focus will expand to additional categories or customer experience work streams within the business.
The Customer Experience Lead is an experienced, customer-focused leader with solid understanding of the processes, systems and data that impact the customer ‘end to end’ experience and how to optimize it for competitive advantage.
The Customer Experience Lead will report directly to the VP/GM of the Business unit and will lead standing core teams focused on the highest impact supply chain challenges or opportunities that enable us to delight our customers and help provide valuable insights to the functional organizations such as planning, manufacturing, product management and marketing.
Key areas of focus and responsibility include:
- Understands the current, end to end, global AIS channel’s order fulfillment customer experience, business plans, future expectations and industry trends.
- Champions a customer-first mentality
- Project manages order fulfillment efforts overseeing multiple workstreams and continuous improvement activities, with global core team members across multiple functions
- Leads cross-functional matrix working and steering teams.
- Creates and actions global roadmap with focus on key regions, using data management and communications transparency, and customer feedback as a core input.
- Understands best practice and innovative customer experience standards from within and outside of our industry and how they correlate to engagement and loyalty
- Works with product management and marketing to define product order lead time requirements from the customer perspective
- Supports projects that improve transparency for product availability, order status and freight expenses
- Partners with planning and manufacturing to instill the Voice of the Customer into backorder management and stocking requirements to support order lead time objectives
- Is the steward of the Business Unit Customer Allegiance Score (CAS) analysis, reporting, and driving targets to improve
- Liaises with key functions such as planning, quality, supply chain, eBusiness, manufacturing, distribution, logistics, IT and customer care to ensure priority alignment with functional goals and order fulfillment roadmap.
- Provides thought leadership to achieve goals and creates a culture of accountability and continuous improvement.
- Manages budgets, schedules and key operating metrics.
- Presents and communicates findings, results and other details to all levels of the organization, including senior leadership.
- Drives towards continually finer localization of the experience, through deeper work on geographies and segments.
Required Qualifications & Capabilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations or related field
- 8+ years of experience in order management, quote to cash or related field
- Solid understanding of customer experience and customer-centric mindset
- Drives decision-making and accountability
- Excellent project/program management and change management skills
- Excellent core team leadership capabilities, fully leveraging team diversity
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Critical thinker with strong analytical skills
- Influential leader with proven track record in driving operational improvements throughout a matrixed organization
- Strong business acumen with passion for learning
- Ability to build and develop relationships across the organization and with customers
- Large scale, global experience
- Ability to travel up to 20%+ and work within global time zone requirements
- Previous experience in similar role
- ERP/MRP system experience
- Commercial experience
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.