When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Partner with IT Leadership, Leadership IT Support and Regional IT Managers to provide escalations and relay needed recommendations to improve processes and procedures to add efficiencies
- Partner and assist with global issues as needed
- Advise colleagues (including Executives) on technology best practices and perform preventative maintenance in conjunction with Global IT standards and Leadership IT Support recommendations
- Analyze the performance of the supported devices, identify and report issues to the appropriate support groups
- Serve as a mentor within the IT group - train and assist other techs, as needed
- Work with IT Leadership to plan and implement enterprise IT systems in support of company initiatives/standards.
- Develop enterprise grade applications, when applicable
- Enhance and support applications from the current suite of solutions
- Apply architectural vision and standards into working code
- Utilize skills and experience to provide leadership in our implementation of Business Intelligence, enterprise reporting, integration, and direction of the application portfolio.
- Contribute to best practices for enterprise application development
- Identify relevant emerging technologies and trends
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives; help in assessing and communicating risk associated with IT investments.
- Participate in requirements review and estimation for applicable projects/initiatives
- Lead projects to successful delivery
- Apply advanced troubleshooting and problem solving skills. Show willingness to pursue a forward-thinking solution when appropriate, and defend it with fact-based recommendations
- Learn business processes and organizational needs and apply that knowledge to solution recommendations
- Represent and promote our technologies and skills to our business colleagues
- When help from outside developers is needed, contribute to developing requirements and statement of work.
- Assist in oversight of assets, systems and operations management; help ensure IT systems and operations adhere to applicable laws and regulations.
- Provide occasional needed desk side support and daily site IT leadership guidance for regional key sites designated by Leadership IT Support program lead
- Monitor the ticketing system, as needed, and ensure timely assistance is provided to business end users
- Deploy, support and troubleshoot issues with equipment including workstations, servers, phones, mobile devices, printers, scanners, faxes and multifunction devices
- Manage end user accounts, permissions and access rights in accordance with best-practices regarding privacy, security, change control processes, and regulatory compliance
- Occasionally interface and take initiative to escalate as needed with 3rd party suppliers and internal IT teams to provide “smart hands” assistance for servers and phones.
- Work with business partners and other IT support teams to schedule and perform software and hardware improvements, upgrades, reconfigurations, and/or purchases, as needed
- <25% travel may be needed
- 7-10+ years of experience supporting infrastructure within a large environment
- Experience leading projects and delegating daily work tasks under direction of leadership
- Experience deploying, supporting and troubleshooting issues with hardware including workstations, servers, phones, mobile devices, printers, scanners, faxes and multifunction devices
- Demonstrate the ability to interact effectively with non-technical people regarding technical topics.
- Ability to explain and champion technical concepts to a broad audience
- Display outstanding customer service skills and excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Advanced knowledge in creating and maintaining management level and detailed project plans
- Possess excellent organization skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Knowledge of current Cisco video conference equipment a plus
- Strong analytical and project management skills a plus, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
This position has not been approved for relocation
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.