When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Join the Fisher Clinical Services Sales team as a Sr. Account Executive for the New England 2 Territory. This position will be responsible for selling our comprehensive line of value-added supply chain services to clinical trial customers in pharma, biotech, and medical device industries. This is a great opportunity to join the world-leader in global clinical supply chain services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sell clinical supply chain services including drug packaging, distribution, and comparator sourcing.
- Meet or exceed the sales goal for the assigned accounts and/or territory
- Develop, attain approval, and implement specific Account Development Plans (ADP) including strategies, tactics and initiatives designed to support the attainment of predetermined goals. This includes the prioritization of accounts, identification of decision-makers and utilization of sales tools, while leveraging events (trade shows and conferences).
- Provide clinical supplies sales and informational support for Fisher Clinical Services Project Managers
- Manage client expectations by involving other Fisher Clinical Services personnel, such as Client Services, Operations, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and Executive Leadership Team (ELT) Members, in order to build a horizontally integrated relationship that capitalizes on the technical talent and knowledge base within Fisher Clinical Services
- Negotiate with customers while providing proposals, quotations, and service agreements that are properly reviewed and authorized by the Director of Sales, Contracts, Operations, and ELT, where required
- Document activity and report progress on an ongoing basis with CRM systems that are provided. Review performance against plan with the Director/Manager of Sales and, where shortfalls exist, the incumbent will recommend alternative strategies and tactics
- Provide suggestions for solutions, new services or areas of technology for Fisher Clinical Services that will enhance the current “Go-To-Market” strategy
- Apply Good Manufacturing Principles (GMP) in all areas of responsibility
- Participate in training and development opportunities, such as Richardson Consultative Selling and Strategic Selling; Communispond Executive Presentation Skills; Miller-Heiman; Thermo Fisher Scientific Practical Process Improvement, etc., in order to maintain competency and to stay abreast of the latest business development tools
- Observe Fisher Clinical Services company policy and Fisher Clinical Services SOP’s and makes recommendations for improving the effectiveness of policies and procedures, where appropriate
- Accept other sales related duties as assigned
Education/ Experience Requirements:
- BS/BA or equivalent in business or the sciences
- 4 years of related clinical project experience plus 2 years of related sales experience. Preferably, this experience includes clinical protocol development and/or CRO sales.
- Any combination of an advanced degree such as a Pharm.D. or MBA included with the related clinical supplies or sales experience may qualify for the minimum requirements for this position.
- Clinical trials and/or materials management knowledge
- Demonstrated competency with software tools used for internal and external communications such as the Microsoft Office Suite, including MS PowerPoint, SalesForce.com, or other CRM software.
- Sales, communication and presentation skills
- Negotiation and problem solving skills
- A valid driver’s license
- Up to 50% overnight travel may be required.
- Ability to lift and carry a laptop computer, LCD projector and promotional materials into customer facilities frequently weighing 10–25 lbs.
Internal contacts: Will work with guidance from Fisher Clinical Services General Managers, Leaders of the Commercial Organization, Client Services, Operations, SMEs, ELT Members and Business Development Heads, with ultimate accountability to the Director of Sales.
External contacts: Will interact with the multiple Fisher Clinical Services customers whose roles and responsibilities may vary. Must be able to present Fisher Clinical Services capabilities and negotiate for position. This position requires superior communication, analytical, and problem solving abilities. Sound administrative skills and well developed management skills, with proven ability to close a sale, are required.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 60,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today at http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.