Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Job Title: Lead Customer Care Representative
Reports To: Team Leader, Customer Care
Position Location: Singapore
Reporting to the Customer Care Team Leader, you will take ownership and responsibility for the day-to-day order fulfillment tasks and providing excellent service to our customers and channel partners. You are professional at all times, and capable of thriving under pressure, in a fast paced team environment. At all times, you place our Customers First.
A typical work day in the life of a CCR will entail:
- Order fulfillment – processes quotations, orders, returns, replacements, debits and credits accurately and timely.
- Manages telephone calls professionally, with proper phone etiquette.
- Responds effectively and efficiently to customers/channel partners’ inquiries within 24 hours, ranging from orders, product availability, pricing, shipment arrangement, billing (invoices, debits and credits), other forms of documentation (proof of delivery, terms of contracts, letters of credit, etc.), marketing promotions and sample requests.
- Manages customer complaints and follows through to ensure complete closure within 24 hours. Resolves problems through analysis of situations and experience to determine best use of approach and resources.
- Reviews all open sales orders and backlog; follows up with relevant supply site contacts to ensure on-time shipments. Escalates issues appropriately to ensure prompt resolution. Informs customers of product delinquency and proposed recovery dates.
- Works with planners to expedite orders outside standard lead times.
- Liaises with logistics team and/or forwarding agents for shipments.
- Sets up new customer accounts and maintains good record of documentation for audit purposes.
- Reviews individual key performance indicators and ensures all measures are met.
- Supports sales and marketing teams in promotions, and offering functional expertise where applicable.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results (projects, etc.) as needed.
- Ad-hoc work tasks as deemed appropriate by the Team Leader.
- Makes joint customer/channel partner visits with sales team, as and when necessary, to solicit feedback and grows the business relationship.
- Follow policies and procedures strictly, accurately and efficiently, keeping up to date with the latest best practices.
Our ideal candidate embodies the following traits and values:
- Passionate about customer allegiance.
- Curious and embrace continuous process improvement.
- Self-starter and quick learner.
- Positive and greet changes as opportunities.
- Take ownership and responsibility for personal performance and delivering quality work.
- A team player who is able to work independently and yet work with others toward a common goal. Multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Identify and understand problems and problem causes. Ensures rapid and transparent service recovery. Understand the economic impact of decisions on the customer and Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Communicate openly and positively in a professional and mature manner with others. Actively share information with others. Negotiate and influence. Provide timely, clear and accurate verbal and written communications.
- Capable of demonstrating sound judgment, with tact and diplomacy in negotiating and influencing, working with internal and external customers. Maintains confidentiality and maintain professional behavior at all times.
Required and/or Preferred Qualifications from you:
- A Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences, or Business.
- 3 - 5 years of customer service and order fulfillment experiences. Proven records of accomplishments are considered a plus.
- Working knowledge and experience with shipping documentation (for import/export, etc.) and Letter-of-Credit (L/C).
- Good verbal and written communication in English & Mandarin/Chinese.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office (preferably, including Visio)
- Knowledge of Oracle Enterprise One (E1) or SAP will be an added advantage.