Jr. Supply Chain Specialist
Job ID :
Canada - Ottawa
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Purchases finished goods/service parts products for inventory and for customer sale.
- Responsible for maximizing delivery performance and service level to customers while controlling inventory levels to meet corporate goals.
- Works to resolve chronic delivery problems with suppliers and escalates unresolved issues to Supply Chain Manager.
- Initiates expediting on critical orders that require special handling and follows up to be sure contractual and urgent requirements are satisfied
- Acts as the main Fisher contact for Instrument Service suppliers regarding matters concerning Distribution and Supply Chain.
- Manages inventory by minimizing slow moving, obsolete, expired, overstocked and dead items
- Seeks lower costs, higher value-added or improved service through active negotiation with existing suppliers. Challenges significant cost increases.
- Provides reporting, analysis and feedback on suppliers including a monthly report
- Ensures supplier contract adherence where applicable.
Minimum Requirements /Qualifications:
- College diploma or university degree in a business related discipline (supply chain or logistics preferred)
- Enrolment in, or completion of, Certified Purchasing Professional designation program of APICS certification is an asset
- 1 years of work experience in a business environment
- Proven organizational and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Sound judgment, persistence and diplomacy.
- Detail oriented, strong computer skills and software knowledge (Excel).
- Bilingualism (French/English) is an asset