Material Handler - 1st Shift
Job ID :
US - Ohio - Marietta
- Attends training and meetings when ask to do so in order to maintain awareness of safety, work flow, etc.
- Communicates effectively to ensure quality and safety goals are accomplished.
- Confers and corresponds with appropriate individuals to troubleshoot problems, such as damages, shortages, etc.
- Delivers or routes materials to departments, using work devices, such as pallet jacks, fork lifts, etc., to move materials.
- Fills pick orders accurately and timely to insure production demands are supported, customer-specific instructions are met, etc.
- Focuses on multiple job duties simultaneously, prioritizing, and completing each task in a timely manner.
- Handles fragile materials and considers consequences of damage when loading, moving, and delivering parts.
- Maintains awareness of work environment and traffic at all times to insure safety of workers and maintain quality of materials.
- Mark or read/compare identifying information such as location, part numbers, description, quantity, etc., that are written in English.
- Operates scanner system to maintain inventory, parts, processing orders, shipping status, etc.
- Prioritizes tasks and initiate appropriate steps to complete job goals in a self-motivated manner.
- Read work orders computerized/written or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments and material or equipment needs.
- Reads orders, labels, etc., throughout the material handling process and routes materials to appropriate department.
- Stands and walks on concrete floor, reaching, lifting, etc., to complete job tasks.
- Utilize computer to enter, retrieve, track, generate labels, ship customer orders, etc., and gather information related to material movement and department goals.
- Wears appropriate PPE when performing job duties such as high visibility clothing, earplugs, safety shoes, safety glasses, etc.
- Works in a manner that focuses on personal and environmental safety by hearing/reading and adhering to safety standards and training that is written and spoken in English.
- Works with others to accomplish best flow of materials and information throughout work area, and plant wide.
- Assists others when possible to achieve department goals of completing all orders in a timely and accurate manner.
- Attach identifying tags to containers or mark them with identifying information.
- Examines and inspects stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to operators or supervisors.
- Identifies items that have expiration dates and rotates accordingly.
- Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
- Observes department activities and works with others to identify errors and work toward continuous improvement on an on-going basis.
- Operate equipment such as fork truck, order picker, reach truck, company vehicle(s) etc., when trained and/or authorized/licensed to do so.
- Performs count on designated parts to be moved and adjusts errors when needed.
- Reads and follows MSDS related to materials being transported throughout plant and includes MSDS sheets in shipping.
- Receive and send e-mail communications regarding job details.
- Record numbers of units/materials moved, using daily reports such as spreadsheets, log sheets, etc.
- Records details related to packing boxes for shipment to customers on shop copy of packing list for future reference when/if needed.
- Select appropriate hand/power tools needed to crate/band/cut or score boxes, etc., and return tools after use.
- Sort cargo before loading and unloading.
- Sweep and otherwise maintain floors in work area (inside and outside) to maintain clear walk way.
- Determine work assignments and procedures by verbal instruction (English).
- Performs equipment safety check and completes documentation as required.
- Education Requirements: High School Diploma or G.E.D
- Experience Requirements: One to three years experience in manufacturing, industrial or warehouse setting.
- Previous experience with shipping and warehousing is preferred.
- Physical Demands:
- Operates equipment using hand and foot controls and observes surrounding areas for safety issues.
- Move freight, stock, or other materials to and from storage or production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, or containers, by hand or using hand-trucks, tractor/trailer, or other equipment.
- Ability to stand, bend, stretch, reach, climb, repetitively to accomplish goals of the warehouse and stock room and direct impact of company-wide production and shipping goals.
- Ability to work inside and outside in hot and cold conditions in a noisy, hectic, dusty work area near production areas and in heavy foot and motorized traffic areas requiring attention to personal and environmental safety guidelines.
- Ability to frequently lift and maneuver items that vary in size weighing up to 50 pounds individually or occasionally with assistance from others or by utilizing automated equipment.
- Other Skills:
- Ability to work in team environment and communicate well with others.
- Ability to observe all activities throughout work areas to accomplish safety goals for self and others.
- Computer Experience: Ability to maintain basic knowledge of SAP Operating System, Windows Operating System and Inventory control procedures.
- Minimum assessment on ACT WorkKeys of Workplace Observation Level 3 and Locating Information Level 3 will be required.