Relocation available for this position
We are looking for an ambitious, talented, and self-motivated individual, who will serve as a lead software engineer and help us implement the next generation enterprise architecture and platform. In this role, you will be responsible for providing input for the next generation architecture, platform strategy and implementing platform capabilities that supports the organization’s business strategy.
The role requires working collaboratively across the Technology, Product and Commercial organizations to ensure alignment towards business goals. In this role, you will build strong relationships with cross-functional team members and business stakeholders.
- Proven Product Owner experience in a Scrum/Agile team
- Proven experience with distributed systems
- Proven experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
- Understand and follow conventions and best practices for analysis, statistics, modeling, coding, and architecture; hold other members of the team accountable for doing so
- Develop and adhere to rigorous testing of statistics, models, and code
- Develop training materials and educate others on best practices
- Design and document APIs leveraging a standard API documentation framework (Swagger)
- Stay up to date with new technologies and determine how to incorporate these into future platform capabilities
- Build strong relationships with cross-functional team members and business stakeholders
- Share business and technical learnings with the broader engineering and product organization, while adapting approach for different audiences
- Work collaboratively across the Technology, UX, and Product organizations to ensure alignment towards business goals
- 4+ years’ in Software Engineer role
- Demonstrated experience with semantic web architecture using OWL, RDF, Ontology Repositories, SPARQL and Semantic Services.
- Solid algorithm development background. Experience with building Machine Learning algorithms and productizing them at scale in a distributed computation environment.
- Proficiency with data analysis languages and tools such as Python/Jupyter or R
- Proficiency with at least one programming language (.Net/Java/C++/ Scala/GO/NodeJs)
- Proven Experience with Big Data Technologies, such as Apache Spark, Apache Flink, Azure HDInsight, H2O
- Experience collaborating with cross functional teams
- Machine Learning / Deep Learning,
- AWS or Azure Cloud
- Life Science experience preferred, but not required
- Resource Description Framework, semantic web, and experience applying those concepts
Thermo Fisher Scientific's mission is to help make the world a healthier, cleaner and safer place. This position offers a unique opportunity at Thermo Fisher Scientific to help our mission by leading and executing on next generation architecture and platform.