Job Title: Senior Manager, Sales North America
Location: Remote, USA
How will you make an impact?
It’s not easy being a global leader in a field that requires equal parts scientific understanding, technical know-how and strong customer connections. But making a positive difference while doing it? That’s what makes it rewarding and worthwhile!
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, we know that making the world a better place starts with innovation: all our work is aimed at making laboratory work and research better than ever. With over 65,000 extraordinary minds on our global team, each one of us at Thermo Fisher has an important story to tell. Whether we’re helping clients to eradicate disease, making sure our air is clean, or solving scientific cold cases, our stories involve thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
Our laboratory automation solutions are helping customers to accelerate their science in Drug Discovery, Genomics, Proteomics and the AgroSciences field. But making great products is only the start of making a big difference: now, we need someone who leads a team a highly qualified account managers to share this story with our customers.
That’s where you come in.
As our new Senior Sales Manager for North America, you’ll be taking on a dynamic role that will require leadership, relationship building, flexibility and drive.
We’re looking for an experienced sales leader to develop and execute our strategy while managing the sales team. In general, you’ll be leading the team in showcasing our range of products to our audience of scientists, and demonstrating how we can help them to be successful and achieve their goals.
What you’ll be doing day to day
- You will effectively manage and support your team to achieve their goals and objectives in their geographic sales area.
- Responsible for managing customer relationships at multiple levels to ensure successful completion and execution of orders.
- Implement and manage an optimal sales strategy and the organization to support it.
- Providing regular and realistic sales forecasts and maintaining accurate opportunity status in our CRM (Salesforce).
- Executing on our Sales Process (customer identification to contract closing).
- Actively identifying new prospects and customers in addition to growing business in existing accounts.
- Interacting at a strategic level with the Product Line General Manager on key business issues to address the market needs and analysis.
- Visiting customers regularly to promote strategic relationships and to identify new business opportunities.
- Regularly communicating the status of its sales organization and current market condition to the BU leadership.
- Implementing measurable metrics for the direct sales team.
The best part of working with us is our culture. While Thermo Fisher has the structure, support, and market presence of a big corporation, we work hard to maintain the feel of a small company. This provides us freedom to operate in an agile and responsive manner and stay focused on doing the right thing for our customers and our business.
How will you get there?
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or Molecular Biology preferred
- 5+ years of successful sales or field applications management experience
- Proven track record of sales achievements within or related to Laboratory Automation, large capital equipment or related products; or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in selling to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology organizations, companies in the Genomic field and large academic research organizations
- Experience using a CRM system on a daily basis. Salesforce experience an advantage
- Established positive reputation within our customer base
- Ability to travel at least 50%, or as business needs dictate (travel together with team members to visit prospects, existing customers and to attend trade-shows and other customer-facing events)
- A valid Driver's License and passport without restrictions.
We're keen to get the right candidate on-board and will be reviewing applications as they arrive, so if this role sounds appealing to you, apply today!