Job Title: Master Scheduler - Analyst
Requisition ID: 62529BR
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
This position will ensure that the Thermo Fisher Scientific Clinical Next-Generation Sequencing Division (CSD) has effective inter-company supply and demand management systems to ensure targeted availability and efficient use of resources. This role will help the company effectively balance customer product availability, inventory levels, and manufacturing capacity. This is a unique role that combines business analysis and project management that will be able to analyze the inventory levels and recommend, develop, implement solutions with the business partners.
- Identify all CSD inter-company supply and demand relationships and develop the operating mechanisms to ensure effective communication of requirements between internal sites.
- Utilize advanced supply and demand analytics, report creation, and data management to establish a master schedule which enables effective use of labor resources.
- Analyze supply chain planning processes to identify and recommend inventory optimization opportunities.
- Partner with Demand Planning, Supply Planning, Procurement, Manufacturing, NPI, Distribution, Finance, PPI, Product management and other LSG teams to develop and implement process improvements.
- Establish a set of key metrics to enable daily/weekly monitoring of the health of our internal processes and internal and external customers.
- 5 years’ work experience in Supply Planning and/or Procurement utilizing ERP (SAP, E1)
- Intermediate level of experience with EDW/Cognos report-writing or other business intelligence systems.
- Intermediate to Advanced-level use of MS Excel and/or MS Access for data analysis
- Ability to analyze data, draw conclusions, then recommend appropriate action to meet stated objectives
- Project management skills to implement solutions to optimize and synchronize supply and demand
- Ability to communicate effectively across a global organization, from Site Supply Planners to Executive-level Operations and Finance Leaders
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Systems, Engineering, or a scientific field
- Basic Knowledge of Inventory and Accounting concepts
- Expert level in understanding and interpreting MRP
- Travel may be required for specific projects or meetings (less than 10%)
- APICS certification (CPIM or CSCP) a plus
- Demonstrated Project Management skills: identifying requirements, engaging stakeholders and team members, developing project plans, driving progress, reporting on progress
This position does not have relocation assistance
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.