When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
This position is focused on service delivery excellence for UnityTM Lab Services. Specific activities relative to the job function could include: support of process development upstream activities, including assembling, disassembling, cleaning and providing contamination response for small scale bioreactors.. This position will utilize the basic functionality of systems and applications relevant to the job function. Strong communication skills are also required.
- Follows well defined procedures and safety requirements as outlined by Best Practices, SOP’s & work instructions. Take direction from Site Supervisor/Manager (and Team Lead) regarding daily duties.
- Makes decisions and utilizes available resources to meet customer requirements, independently.
- Analyzes/maintains/reconciles various customer and Thermo Fisher reports to ensure customer and Thermo Fisher requirements are met.
- Communicates with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems.
- Promotes personal growth and development by staying abreast of new policies and enhancements without the presence of site trainer and management team.
- Listens to customer concerns, effectively diffuses dissatisfaction, and quickly identifies course of action with a goal of first call resolution within established turnaround times.
- Works effectively with a diverse cross-functional team.
- Embraces Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodologies.
- Utilizes systems as required by job function.
- Represents Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations, professionally and positively.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Adhere to safety requirements
Job-Specific Duties may include:
- Assemble, disassemble, clean, and set up of bioreactors
- Experience in laboratory services and in GXP environment
- Stock and maintain inventory for consumables, and equipment components.
- Cross site record retention and archiving for all assets
- Use of autoclaves for sterilization of bioreactors and related materials
- Setup and assembly of transfer carts/panels, SIP, media/buffer transfer
- Utilization of Good Documentation Practices in all record keeping
- Maintaining metric data for work performed
- May include cross training in additional functional areas such as Glassware, Media and Buffer preparation, Cell Culture Support, and inventory management services
- Perform equipment verification and calibrations following customer and manufacturers protocols
- Monitoring of temperature controlled environments, including excursion respones
- May track lab equipment information including calibration schedules, open work orders, and equipment status using Computerized Maintenance Management System (CCMS)
- Promote a safe work environment through various safety initiatives within functional area
- Participate in individual or group projects that can include, cost savings analysis, learning groups, writing job training methods, and leading team meetings
- May engage in training activities with new-hires when working in conjunction with a Site Supervisor
- May include cross training in additional functional areas such as Glassware, Cell Culture Support, and inventory management services
- Must possess an Associate’s degree in a related field. Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Demonstrated verbal, written and presentation skills
- 1-3 years of progressive relevant experience preferred
- Experience in a GXP work setting preferred
- Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Four-I Values
- Experience in laboratory setting or services preferred
- Experience in GLP/GMP environment a plus
- Proven excellence in customer service skills
- Detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment
- Computer/software skills (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.