The Team Lead is a working lead position intended supplementary to the main function of the Associate. The Team Lead is responsible for facilitating the product through the department and ensuring documentation and ISO requirements necessary to meet the specification of the product. The Team Lead acts as the main point of contact on the shift for the Value Stream Manager and Production Supervisor, handling production issues and workflow. The Team Lead position is focused on the Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory and Productivity of the department. The Team Lead will be the first point of contact on personnel issues, but all such issues will be escalated to the Production Supervisor or Value Stream Manager, in association with HR.
- Accountable for the results of assigned area and responsibility for decisions made.
- Set daily direction for the assigned area by effectively leading tier meetings. Review daily results to establish gaps and priorities develop and execute daily plans to execute maintenance if needed, troubleshoot to the root-cause, support the team in resolution of barriers, review and learn from daily activities to calibrate and develop the team and ensure effective communication and relay teamwork within the assigned area.
- Spend 70+% of time working alongside team.
- Motivate the individuals within department, and develop them into a strong, autonomous and engaged and unified team by creating an environment that encourages individual and team growth, setting clear, comprehensive expectations, set an example, provide meaningful, timely feedback about performance, train and coach to continuously improve individual performance and business results, and learning by doing and teach by example.
- Ensure personnel issues are properly dealt with during the shift.
- Create and maintain a safe work environment by engaging the associates in reporting potential safety hazards, support of the EH&S guidelines and continual emphasis on safe work habits and working conditions. Investigate safety problems, develop corrective actions with EH&S and implement and communicate changes. Manage daily operations to include being responsible for all incident reporting and possible resolution.
- Oversee employee time records, absences, overtime, paid time off, etc. and report to VSM.
- Communicate effectively with other company departments to achieve operational goals.
- Ensure production schedules, quality initiatives, safety targets, efficiency metrics, and other operational measurements are met for the functions.
- Comply with and ensure associate compliance with all applicable SOPs.
- Evaluate job performance of employees through performance reviews (PMD process) making appropriate recommendations for improvement in productivity and efficiency and administering a developmental plan for all associates in coordination with VSM.
- Conduct employee coaching and counseling for attendance, performance, and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Use the PPI business system tools for continuous improvement of processes.
- Other duties as assigned based on business need.
- Assist production supervisor and value stream manager to ensure all manufacturing orders are followed through to a completed status in accordance with all engineering specifications.
- Responsibilities include printing work orders, verifying accuracy of input and reviewing variances to standards, running reports to review performance to standard with regards to yields and productivity in JDE.
- Scheduling and monitoring work flow through JDE, cycle counting and variance review.
- Assist with training of associates as needed; ensure that all associates within team have necessary training and certifications.
- Provide orderly and efficient change over for the incoming shift team lead.
- Flexibility to cross train company-wide.
- Management, analytical and conflict resolution skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Knowledge of SAP, Microsoft Windows, Office Suite, Excel, Power Point, and related systems.
- Experience in lean manufacturing and continuous improvement is highly preferred.
- Strong process/systems aptitude and knowledge along with process industry experience.
- Physical ability to tolerate loud noise, bend, stand, and work on concrete 10 + hours per day. Ability to lift up to 45 pounds.
- High degree of accuracy and decision making ability.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- High school diploma/GED/Technical school
- Computer literacy
This position has not been approved for relocation benefits.
As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than $20B in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.