Job ID :
Canada - Whitby
- The position is responsible for maintaining and operating when required, all plant machinery electrical systems. The objective for this role is to minimize production downtime by ensuring that the equipment is in good running order at all times. This will be achieved through the application of acquired mechanical/electrical/computer, automation and control skills, implementation of good preventative maintenance procedures and urgent response to emergency repair needs of equipment, particularly electrical/computer. Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations ,networking Capability, and serialization is an asset
- Repair equipment and facilities on an emergency basis. Be able to trouble shoot electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and plumbing issues.
- Perform engineering modification and project-type work, maintenance, operate hand tools and plant service equipment.
- Maintain logs as required. Pick up parts from suppliers. Complete work orders and PM sheets, as well as weekly allocation sheets. Attend meetings and training seminars. Update PLC programs. Make modifications to equipment.
- Maintain updated records of changes on documents such as manuals, schematics, drawings etc.
- Perform electrical work to ESA standards.
- Capable of performing minor calibrations.
- Minimum 5 years hands-on experience
- Previous work experience in a controlled and regulated environment
- Good knowledge of GMP guidelines
- Ability to work from diagrams, schematics and specs.
- In this role it is essential to perform shift work
- Proficiency with the English language
- Network cabling, Computer systems and Control wiring
- Knowledge of pneumatic controls applied to Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Strong judgment, problem solving and decision making ability
- Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices