As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 20 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
In Finland we have over 800 employees in Vantaa and Joensuu. We employ experts in several different functions such as production, instrument and reagent manufacturing, R&D, marketing, sales, quality, support functions and supply chain. We hire experts in different engineering fields, chemistry, microbiology and bioinformatics. Vantaa site is located close to the Vantaankoski railway station. Our extensive range of products developed and manufactured in Finland includes pipettes, microplate instruments, magnetic particle processing systems as well as clinical chemistry and industrial chemistry analyzers, laboratory automation solutions and food safety kits.
Please find more information on www.thermofisher.com
There’s a certain kind of energy and intensity here. It’s what happens when your job makes a positive, tangible impact for your clients, and the world we live in. It’s what happens when you work with colleagues that are involved and innovative. So if you are passionate about making a difference by using your strong business and human resource background then you could be the person we are looking for.
The position is based in Vantaa and you will be part of a HR Team in Finland. You will contribute to our company’s success by providing professional HR support to Thermo Fisher employees and managers across Finland. With your confident, independent and engaging manner you will navigate well in our complex matrix structure and advise colleagues in an effective and inspiring way.
You will act as an important part of the HR team as well as a strong partner with your stakeholders in the businesses.
- Ensure alignment of HR processes with business/site strategic and operating goals
- Plan and support training activities to fulfill the needs of the businesses
- Act as a Facilitator for HR annual processes such an Annual Performance reviews, compensation planning, Counsels and/or coaches employees and managers regarding employee relations issues to conclusion in line with company policies and procedures
- Drive HR communication to Managers and employees
- Coordinate wellbeing activities in relation to the Company’s Wellbeing strategy
- Support the HR team with requested reports, statistics, KPIs, budgeting, information and documentation
- Responsibility for audits regarding HR related issues
- Drive and contribute to different projects and tasks as and when needed
- Coordinate Works Council documentation
- 5-7 years of work experience in HR position
- Experienced in Global environment and Matrix organization
- Fluent spoken and written language skills (English, Finnish)
- Strong organizational skills and structured working style
- Ability to work independently in a proactive manner
- PC literacy including MS Office and very strong Excel skills
- Experience in HR systems such as Mepco and Workday is preferred
- Experience with union agreements and work counsel is preferred
- Lower University degree of adequate science or similar
- Position may require frequent travelling in Joensuu and occasional travelling in Nordic and EMEA region
We look forward to receiving your application, including a cover letter and CV and a salary request in English. Please apply via http://jobs.thermofisher.com/. REF: 63322BR. Please apply by March 18, 2018.
If you have questions about Thermo Fisher Scientific and/or the position - please contact Tanja Klein, Sr HR Manager on Wednesday the 7th of March between 9-10 or Friday the 16th of March between 9-10 at +358 50 577 4664.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.