The Manager Engineering - NPI leads the NPI Group within the Engineering Organization at FEI. The NPI group is responsible for smooth introduction of new products into the factory and field. This group collaborates closely with the PLM, Product Marketing, R&D, manufacturing, logistics, purchasing, quality, and Technical Service Support (TSS) groups within FEI to ensure development of sustainable products according to the latest quality standards.
The primary focus of the Manager Engineering - NPI is to manage engineering group to provide factory and service requirements for new products, deliver all the designated deliverables according to PMP process and contribute to the product and process improvements after release. The position closely interfaces with various FEI functions to solve complex problems. The function also monitors and coaches team members’ professional and technical development.
Specific deliverables associated with this position include:
- Leads and manages the NPI Engineering Group, which may include a team of engineers, technicians and technical specialists.
- Ensures proper staffing of engineers to provide adequate levels of technical expertise for NPI support and improvement projects.
- Guides team members’ professional development by goal setting, mentoring and providing challenges for further growth.
- Pro-actively looking for PMP process improvements and driving their review and implementation on WW leve
- Ensures adequate knowledge of PMP process and Engineering deliverables within NPI group and coaches NPI engineers to continuously improve group performance in PMP
- Manages NPI group technical competence requirements and development (including education, training, coaching, and collaboration).
- May coordinate and facilitate higher level factory or field escalations as needed by interacting with the appropriate functional groups to achieve resolution.
- Justifies and coordinates approval for capital equipment expenditures needed to set up test tooling in the factory and in the supply chain.
- Supports local and global Operations team in its strategy and deliverables
- Ensures and encourages close cooperation with the other FEI sites for efficient cross-site cooperation
- Develops and cultivates close relationships with R&D, PLM, TSS, Logistics, Sourcing, Sustaining Products, Manufacturing, Quality, and Application managers to adequately staff projects and resolve conflicts.
- Facilitates and may lead cross-functional improvement and other Operations projects from inception to completion.
- Ensures that activities are carried out according to the principle of “Customer focus in all that we do”
- Executes all activities according to Sarbanes-Oxley directives, rules and procedures
- Adhere to work safety, fire safety, hygiene of work and other regulatory standards. Clean and maintain work area and consigned tools
- Other duties as assigned
- University degree in a technical discipline, or a combination of education and experience that demonstrates the required skills
- Willingness to work in high-tech industry manufacturing environment
- Typically requires 10+ years of experience in high-tech industry environment in service, development or manufacturing
- Demonstrated experience participating in or managing cross-site and cross-functional projects
- Typically requires 5 years management experience (people and/or projects) in a manufacturing, technical support or service management role in a high tech industry environment
- Demonstrated ability to plan and resolve issues that involve gaining cooperation of cross-functional, multi-cultural groups and sites without damaging relationships.
- Must be able to work for extended period in clean room environment
- Must have ability to obtain a valid passport and travel regionally and internationally as required (up to 25% of working time)
- Fluent in English and local language (verbal and in writing)
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience with leading and developing technical teams
- Demonstrated experience with effective managing of escalations and high-pressure situations
- Demonstrated ability to plan and resolve issues that involve gaining cooperation of multiple cross-functional departments and sites without damaging relationships. Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide clear and concise analysis of data, systematic problem solving and basic experimental methods, test protocols and procedures that include multiple factors.
- Demonstrated ability in project management, data analysis, budgets and resource planning.
- Customer focus
- Strong communicative and multicultural interaction skills
- Planning and Organizing
- Quality and sustainability focus
- Systematic problem solving
- Holistic thinking, approaches
- Decisiveness & Judgment
- Creativity and Innovation
- Business understanding
- Results oriented
- Strategic planning
- Mission and vision creation and deployment
- Resource management
- Gets results, even under difficult situations and is creative (finds better/alternative ways)
- Relationship building
- Influence, persuasion and energizing behavior
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Flexibility & Achieving change
- Conflict management
- Tolerance and management of ambiguity
- Decision making and Problem solving