Cell and gene therapy as a sector is currently experiencing a period of rapid growth and expansion as recent clinical trial successes have resulted in increased investment. To sustain the current trajectory for cell and gene therapy, translational centers, biotech and pharmaceutical companies are increasing their need for technical support of new and novel technologies being developed to support the industry. Thermo Fisher Scientific is currently engaging with clients from biotech and pharma companies, hospitals and academic institutions throughout North America, who play a key role in the R&D, process development and commercialization of autologous and allogeneic cell therapy, gene-mediated cell therapy and gene therapy manufacturing programs. Growing relationships and technical support to our clients is an essential part of drug development and our mission of enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for scientific knowledge and product support pre and post sales, participating in business development and providing internal and external training as needed.
Training – Internal & External
- Provide field support to our sales organization by providing customers with technical guidance (pre & post sales activities)
- Provide internal training across commercial teams and business units as needed
- Maintain and foster relationship with KOLs
- Interface with the global technical training teams and share best practices across organization
VOC & Customer Relations Management
- Act as liaison between customers, R&D, and Product Management teams
- Manage KOL relationships through routine scientific communication and updates on new product launches
- Attend conferences and events to grow technical knowledge and developing trends
- Present on behalf of Thermo Fisher Scientific at key global conferences
- Provide market sensing mechanism, identifying new opportunities and highlighting gaps in current portfolio
- Interface with R&D and PM teams
- Support internal business and product development efforts through feedback on innovation pipeline
- Interact with marketing teams to drive new initiatives
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of an organization and customers.
- Demonstrate judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers as well the ability to handle confidential and proprietary information.
- Must possess self-motivation, enthusiasm, a positive attitude and perform as a team player.
- PhD degree in the life sciences required
- Requires a minimum of 5 years experience working in cell and gene therapy field.
- Experience in cell culture (T cells) and molecular biology sequencing highly desired
- Must be highly proficient with viral transfection and electroporation.
- Must possess strong understanding of customer challenges within the field of cell and immunotherapy and possess familiarity with CAR-T cells.
- Must excel in customer-facing role and enjoy talking to people. (No previous field experience required).
Works in an office and lab environment. May be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties. Candidate must be willing to travel up to 50% of time to support customers and sales specialists.