When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
As the world leader in serving science, we empower our people to advance innovative technologies, develop meaningful solutions, and build rewarding careers. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our 55,000 extraordinary minds the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Life Science Applications team has one goal—to help our customers be successful in their research. We do this primarily by delivering world-class training and support for our customers with Cryo-Electron Microscopy autoloader systems such as the Talos Arctica and the Titan Krios. In order to provide the best support for our customers, we continually develop and further our Cryo-Electron Microscopy expertise so as to remain at the cutting edge of new developments.
- Foster positive relationships with customers by providing excellent customer service
- Conduct on site and remote customer training and translate customer needs into workable solutions;
- Facilitate demonstration of new instrument functionality by conducting acceptance tests at the Thermo Fisher Scientific production facility or after installation at customer sites;
- Serve as a life science CryoEM expert, in particular with regard to autoloader systems;
- Support R&D, product development, marketing, and sales by lending applications expertise.
- An advanced degree (M.S./Ph.D.) in Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, Biophysics or Structural Biology;
- Expertise in Cryo-Electron Microscopy application areas (sample prep, single particle and tomography data collection and processing, FIB milling);
- Confident and determined;
- Excellent team player that can also work independently;
- Strong communication and inter-cultural skills;
- Able to travel fequently (up to 80%);
- Five years of high-end Cryo-Electron Microscopy research experience (academia or industry);
- Experience interacting with customers, service, marketing and R&D;
- Located in, or willing to relocate to, Texas, the Midwest, or the Southeast.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.