About Thermo Fisher Scientific:
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
This position will work within the DTO (Digital Transformation Office) group to develop and implement various enterprise initiatives and technical projects related to Fisher Scientific and Thermo Fisher Scientific ecommerce web sites. Candidate will translate business needs into effective technical solutions using Java technologies. Candidate will be responsible for implementation, maintenance of micro services. Candidate should be able to work effectively in a team to design, build web applications on top of services. This position offers a challenging career to work on systems that interface with multiple systems including AWS, Docker, Content Management Systems, Product Information Management System, Search Engine technology, Middleware and ERPs.
· Work within Agile scrum team to design, develop, unit test, debug and maintain Java based web applications in accordance with functional requirements and scope of work.
· Contribute and confirm to DTO adopted software development standards.
· Focus on quality and continuous improvement to application and processes.
· Participate in production deployment and provide assistance to production support group when needed.
- Minimum 0 to 2 years of web development, troubleshooting experience using Java and related technologies.
- Good knowledge in JDK 1.7 or higher desired
- Good knowledge in Spring, Spring boot frameworks and related technologies is required.
- Good understanding in developing and interfacing with Web/Restful services is required
- Must be very comfortable for SQL and NoSQL Database concepts.
- Hands on experience in coding and scripting (Python, Perl, Ruby, Shell, AWK) would be nice to have.
- Experience using GIT,
- Be highly motivated to adopt new technologies, challenges and work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent team player with strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Exposure to Agile delivery methodology would be nice to have.
- Be able to step up when situation demands such as meeting deadlines and critical production issues.
Regular day to day job responsibilities does not involve travel.