The Sales Operations Analyst will be responsible for providing reporting & analytical capabilities to support the global sales organization. This individual will need to understand and be able to perform complex analysis in Excel and have the ability to leverage VBA when necessary. This position requires someone who knows how to manipulate data efficiently while setting quality control checks along the way to ensure the least chance of introducing errors. The Sales Operations Analyst will also need to maintain dynamic capabilities as the overall organization grows inorganically via mergers and acquisitions. This includes being able to incorporate new data, into overall reporting packages, to provide visibility across the enterprise and continue to enhance the quality and availability of data to sales management.
- Produce monthly standardized management reporting packages on KPIs from a variety of dimensions and levels of aggregation. Maintain and update reports for personnel & organizational changes and CRM modifications.
- Provide a wide variety of ad hoc support for sales operations and sales management; include complex modelling and professionally packaged presentations.
- Actively participate in strategic analysis with sales management, including making recommendations on improvements to business processes, sales productivity and revenue initiatives.
- Proactively data mine and provide analysis on sales activities, lead management, pipelines, forecast accuracy, etc. to provide sales management with insightful & actionable information.
- Assist in market potential analytics, territory and sales force sizing exercises, including the aggregation of data from a variety of disparate sources & systems into databases and models for data-driven decision making.
- Model & recommend various sales compensation plan changes, sales contests and performance metric modifications to ensure the sales activities & behaviors that most drive revenue generation are incentivized.
- Coordinate the development and enhancements to the CRM from a sales process perspective as well as data structure and quality design.
- 2-5 years of financial analysis experience or equivalent postgraduate work
- Strong knowledge of Excel and relational databases
- Working knowledge of Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Demonstrated quantitative modelling skills
- Organization skills and great attention to detail
- Strong customer service skills to ensure internal customers are provided excellent support
- Undergraduate degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Chemistry or other disciplines that focus on developing analytical skills.